cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document management system configs and status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody tell me the configs and flow of document status and document version in DMS....

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Document Versioning in DMS can be controlled as per the following selection criteria,

Value Description

0 No version numbers

1 Numeric version numbers 00 .. 99

2 Numeric version numbers 01 .. 99

3 Alphanumeric numbers A0 .. Z9

4 Alphanumeric numbers A1 .. Z9

5 Alphanumeric numbers AA .. ZZ

6 AA .. AZ,A0 .. A9;BA .. Z9

7 as 6, but without 0

8 _A .. Z ; AA .. Z9

9 as 5, but 00 allowed

A as 6, but 00 allowed

for USER-EXIT

in dc10, the number which u select automatically controls the version each time you create a document under same document number/doc type/doc part.

if you need to create a document under user-defined version or manually entered number then you can choose ur version which lies between the range selected.

There is no such unlock status displayed on Document info record (DIR).

beside document status you can see something called as "Not Released" indicator in red colour.

the document status changes from "Not Released" to "Released" once the status is set in which setting is done.

for configuration,

dc10>select doc type>click on define document status-->create new statuses if required/double click on the final status (say Released) and set the status "Release Flag".

under "Status type set to 'S' locked status".

save and create a document.

prior you need to set the status network using system defined statuses or even you can create your own user defined statuses.

once the status is set to Released, automatically document will set to Released along with the release date and also it will get locked so dat it cannot be further edited by anyone.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with following likns.

1. http://service.sap.com/plm ---> search for DMS configuration.

2. http://help.sap.com --> Search for DMS.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srini,

I couldnt open the URL which you sent it to me...service.sap url....it asking for a user id and password....I am not fully clear in DMS as of now..with hte help of ur answers...I had a rough idea but if someone can able to give the step by step configuration for DMS...tht would be really helpful for me...I have problem maintining content reposiroty also for accessing document in various computer.

Pls help