cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the best way for STORAGE the documents from DMS?

d_quintal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please, can someone tell me if the limit of storage the originals through a data carrier is two for document or i can to large this limit? 'Cause i know that using Kpro i don't have limit of storage, but i'm trying to use the data carriers 'cause i just have a place in the company server for storage this originals.

I'm trying to send the originals from a path like this
abcs01\dms$\ through of a configuration "servidor, front ends", but i'm not get to send the originals from CV01N for this place, even the document been save. I verify that the documents were not sent when i enter from the CV02N in the same document and try to change or screen the originals, 'cause i receive a error message saying that the SAP doesn't get to find the originals on the path indicated.

Did someone just work on a likely situation?

Did someone have a view about the best way to storage this documents in this case?

If the best way will be KPRO, Do I use KPRO with the Content Server or KPRO with storage the documents in a SAP table through of the standard system aplication "DMS_C1"?

Any idea will be welcome and reward by good points!

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

d_quintal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks I understood, but I wanted know if is there the possibility for I indicate a path like this "
abcs01\dms$\" in my server like repository of the originals?

I access this path for a variable driver according to the map network drivers, appointing them like Z:, Y: or K: for example.

Shall be that I have to make this path be a fixed driver for access of all pc in the network?

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The decision to go for either content server or vault depends on what data will be stored. If you are storing drawing data it is highly recommended to go for content server.

For vault storage performance issues are reported.

DMS_C1 is IDES based BSP database repository. It is useful only for dev/testing.

You will be required to create storage repository for CS.

If you have server available when you insert content server CD inside it, it automatically asks you for maxDB database instance creation. As you click on next it will take you further to create maxDB instance. K-Pro is service on web server. It is used to manage the checkin-checkout and other functionalities of the CS server data.

BR,

Anirudh,

reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are not using KPro then the limit of the file to be stored is defined in the Document Type...go to SPRO --> Cross Application Component --> Document Management System --> Control Data --> Document Type

If the limit is less then what you are trying to save, system will not let you save the file in SAP database.

and use of KPro depends on your document usage in the organization...if it is high...then you should go for it otherwise not

Regards,

N

Edited by: Nitesh Nagpal on Jul 29, 2008 10:17 AM