cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possble to use SolMan3.2 to manage ECC6.0 systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are having Solution Manager 3.2. Due to some reaons, we are not able to upgrade SOLMAN to version 7 which was renamed from version 4.

We implementing ECC6.0. Is it possible to use SOLMAN 3.2 to manage higher version SAP systems?

Thanks for your advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope all your questions have been answered.

Close the thread if solved.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would definitely not recommend to continue with 3.2. SAP doesn't give support to 3.2 anymore.

You can leverage maximum functionality of 7.0, I would suggest you to go for 7.0

SAP Also recommends to go for 7.0 Go through [this link|https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_HIER_KEY=501100035870000009816&_HIER_KEY=601100035870000095209&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&PORTAL=SUPPORT&]

Going forward we could see more scope for improvement in SOLMAN 7.0

Hope this solves your problem.

Nagarju: please go through the link that I have provided.

--Ragu

Edited by: Raguraman C on Aug 1, 2008 6:38 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I would definitely not recommend to continue with 3.2. SAP doesn't give support to 3.2 anymore.

This is not true. SolMan 3.2 is supported until March 2009 (see http://service.sap.com/pam).

You need a specific support package.

http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

--> Media Library

--> Documentation

Read "3.2 SP15 PDF Documentation Maintenance Optimizer".

Markus

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The two information provided by SAP is really misleading and contradicting each other.

I am writing this issue to SAP.

Will Update this message, once I get a reply.

Thanks.

Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the reply. While waiting for the further clarifiation from SAP, I would like to share with you my findings.

From SOLMAN 3.2, i was able to create system landscape for ECC6.0 components with installation key generated from SOLMAN 3.2 as well. This justifies the arguement it's possible to use SOLMAN 3.2 to manage ECC6.0 systems.

I agreed that we should try to use the latest version of SOLMAN to manage SAP systems as recommended by SAP. For my case, I do not have the 64-bit operating system to install SOLMAN 7 and have no choice but to use SOLMAN 3.2.

Many thanks to all of you for taking the efforts to reply to my query. SDN is really a great place for learning and sharing.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SOLMAN 7.0 Can be installed on a 32 - BIT OS.

Please check http://service.sap.com/pam

Hope this solves your problem.

--Ragu

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solman 7 can´t be installed on 32bit:

note 1145779 - SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Installation:

<...>

As of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 you can only install dialog instances on 32-bit platforms. All remaining SAP system instances (central instance, database instance, central services instance (SCS), ABAP central services instance (ASCS)) you can only install on 64-bit platforms.

<...>

Markus

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution Manager 7.0 Can be installed in 32-Bit systems.

Check note 1145779 - SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Installation:

If you want to install a complete SAP Solution Manager 7.0 system on a 32-bit platform, you have to proceed as follows:

1.) Install a SAP Solution Manager 4.0 SR3 system.

2.) Patch this system to SAP Solution Manager 7.0.

For more information on support package levels of SAP Solution Manager 7.0, see SAP Note 781448.

--Ragu

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if you install SolMan 4.0 and patch it up then you did not install Solman 7.0 but Solman 4.0

Neverless, you´re right - it´s possible but it´s not recommended.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YES, It is possible to use SOLMAN32 for managing applications like ECC60 but make sure that you upgrade the support pack as and when it is required.

Thanks,

Naga