guna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Runtime WorkBench, component monitoring-> Adapter Engine server

The adapter should be green

2) Mesage Monitoring should show a successful message.

3) Table should have been updated, either insert ets should have happed.

Use tools like SQL studio, Navicat to check whether the DB has been affected.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

I have also deployed JDBC driver(sqljdbc4.jar)  according to http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00b4a020-4ae6-2c10-5a95-fed4ad9a4... .

Driver deployed successfully and I have checked it in folder \usr\sap\xxx\DVEBMGS30\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext\com.sap.aii.adapter.lib\lib and it's found ok. But this adapter type  not showing in Communication Channel only RFC and SOAP are showing there. I have restarted the server also. Can you tell me is there any process after this so that jdbc adapter come in Communication channel ?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

check the status of the JDBC adpter from the RUNTIME WORKBENCH (adapter monitor) ...if green-success

Also check SAP Note 773401

see https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/JDBCConnectionSetup for the proper connection urls.

check the thread

/thread/32741 [original link is broken]

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also deployed JDBC driver(sqljdbc4.jar)  according to http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00b4a020-4ae6-2c10-5a95-fed4ad9a4... .

Driver deployed successfully and I have checked it in folder \usr\sap\xxx\DVEBMGS30\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext\com.sap.aii.adapter.lib\lib and it's found ok. But this adapter type  not showing in Communication Channel only RFC and SOAP are showing there. I have restarted the server also. Can you tell me is there any process after this so that jdbc adapter come in Communication channel ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this...

Create the communication channel with the adapter type JDBC.

In Runtime WorkBench, component monitoring-> Adapter Engine server

On clicking this you will find the Adapter monitoring, where you will fined all the adapters avilable. Select the JDBC adapter and check wether channel that you are created is present with a GREEN signal. That means message flow has been occured, and its ready to use. The red color says, its not yet ready to work.

Regards,

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simpliest way to test a jdbc conection is using a native SQL tool to confirm that the user pass and hostname are correct.

e.g. Enterprise Manager for SQL server or sqlplus for ORACLE database, etc..

then it will make sense to do a networking test from the very XI server that you intend to make the JDBC connection .

once you know the port where the Database listens to then you can make a simple test with a telnet command like this.

telnet [hostname or ipaddress] [port number]

e.g.

telnet 127.0.0.1 2249

If a blank screen is returned, then the connection is possible.

if an error is shown, then you have to fix some network issues.

This blog have a small troubleshoting section that address the last example.

Hope it helps.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create a sender CC and put a simple query associate this CC with a sender agreement and check whether it return any result.

do not take in mind the others error like:

no mapping program found, no receiver could not be determinate, etc, etc. this simple way to test the JDBC scenario

thanks

ROdrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this note: 1085539

Thanks,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you deployed the drivers?

If yes, then try configuring a JDBC communication Channel in ID and check the same in RWB.

Regard,

Venu V