Did you mean: 

sapgenpse error - interpreter not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

HP-UX IA64: 11.23

SAP: NW 7.0 SR3

Libsapcrypto.so version hpia64-11.23-64

Hi,

I have two HP-UX 11.23 servers and I am trying to activate SSL on these. On one of the servers with SAP WebAS 7.0 SR2, its works fine and libsapcrypto.so loads fine. On this server, I can also execute ./sapgenpse -h to take a look at the options available.

On the other server with SAP WebAS 7.0 SR3, when I execute ./sapgepnse -h, I am getting error:

interpreter "*******************
" not found
exec(2): could not load a.out

When I copied the SSL files initially, there were permission errors which I resolved through changing both sapgenpse and libsapcrypto.so to 777. Now, upon starting SAP system, it just hangs at the stage where it tries to load the SSL library. I then shutdown the server and tried executing sapgenpse separately but am getting the above-mentioned error.

Can anyone suggest what I might be missing here.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the server where libsapcrypto works fine, I can issues ldd command to see

ldd libsapcrypto.so
   libpthread.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libthread.so.1
   libdl.so.1  => /usr/lib/hpux64/libdl.so.1

But on the machine where I can run sapgenpse, ldd gives an out of memory error. Can you propose what I should be looking at to address this issue?

Thanks and regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure you downloaded the correct sapgenpse for your platform? HP-UX 11.23 can be

- PA-RISC

or

- IA64

Check with "file sapgenpse" if you're using the correct one.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, yes these are the same files already running on the other server. I have copied the files from there.

file sapgenpse returns:

ELF-64 executable object file - IA64

Any other clues?

Regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And you are on an Itanium-2 machine? What´s the output of

model

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. model returns:

ia64 hp server rx6600

swapinfo shows there are enough system resources available yet ldd returns "Out of memory". Is there a chance that the system is missing some OS patches? The error seems like there is something wrong with the files sapgenpse and libsapcrypto yet they both work on the other server with exatly the same specs. Any clues?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems the FTP software I was using to copy the files was causing the problem. Using a different one resolved the issue.

Thanks for the help.

Regards