cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server HTTP Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to use the SAP Content Server HTTP interface in order to load documents and link these documents to SAP entries.

The SAP Content Server documentation provides the function "create" to generate documents in the Content Server with the following syntax :

http://<host>:<port>/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?create&pVersion=0046&contRep=K1&docId=4B7689654...

My question is : how can we find out which docId we have to pass through the URL ? Is there a SAP function that can return the next docId ?

Also, is there a way to query the SAP Content Server in order to list all docIds already registered ? (via SAP or HTTP command line for example). If not, does anybody know which tables on a SDB database contain the docId strings so as to build a custom database query ?

Many thanks in advance,

Guillaume Secco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini, Suryanarayana,

Ok, after some tests with the MF and documentation you nicely provided to me, I manage to create a link between a document and an image, but I also understand that I need to know both the Business Document ID and the Archived Document ID to create the link. The thing is : how can I automate the process and tell the system which Document ID is to be processed and which Archived Document is the document related to it ? Is there a way to include an encoded image in the IDOC structure ?

I will explain the whole process : we currently use SAP Business Connector to process incoming XML messages and convert them to IDOC in SAP. Now, we want to add the archiving of an image embedded in the XML message and create in the SAP system a link between the Business Document created from the IDOC and the image stored in the Content Server.

All suggestions are welcome...

Many thanks in advance,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check under FG : CVBAPI.

u can find all BAPI that can help u out in DMS Functions

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTMODIFY

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTSET