Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and BW in the same production server

wilsonrsantos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys !

In the customer where I´m working now, the basis team installed BW in the same production server where XI(PI 7.0) was installed first(note, there is no XI interface running in production yet, I will put some interfaces in production probably in the next week).

My question is, is it recommended to have XI and BW in the same server in production ? Do somebody knows if there is some recommendation from SAP about this ?

The server is running on Linux Red Hat, the database is Oracle, the server have 32 Gb RAM and 12 Gb Swap, and 7 processors Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 8222 SE.

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Wilson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

is not recommended to have same PRD server for PI and BW.

each one need his own server. take in mind this:

assume pi need to process 20.000 IDOCs at same time and other demand interfaces. in BW many reports are runnig; the performance is a caos, there no performace.

assume and error in PI or BW instances that require support and a server restart. boths systems stop working?? i dont think so.

like this, many reason to have 2 server.

let me see if i can find a note about this

Thanks

Rodrigo

wilsonrsantos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo !

Thank you for your response, I think exactly the same, I needed only some confirmation of my feelings and your message was sufficient to me.

I talked to basis person and he said me that the BW that was installed will be used as Sand Box(:oO) and, if they note that the XI performance is being affected, they will move BW sand box to another machine... I only don´t know why they decided to use the XI production server as BW sand box...

Well, my part I have done, I adviced them.

Thank you again, and best regards,

Wilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wilson,

You better act as fast as you can.

XI production as BW sand box sounds horrible. You guys would end up no where........

Good luck

Answers (0)