cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I execute go.bat from JSPM so as to update JAVA sp's I am facing the following error and If I Choose "Continue" then JSPM screen disappears

Phase error report:

Cannot initialize application data.Could not extract value with key SAPSYSTEM from file z:/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/SID_DVEBMGS00_HOSTNAME.A possible reason could be that the path to the directory containing sappfpar executable is not included in the PATH environment variable.Could not start process sappfpar.Error while executing process sappfpar.java.io.IOException:Create process u2013sappfpar

Pf=Z/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/SID_DVEBMGS00_HOSTNAME SAPSYSTEM error=2

If I have to set an enviroinment varibale for sappfpar means please let me know how to do it on i-Series machine.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check SAP Note: Note 885063 - iSeries: JSPM Support with NW04s

• Symptom: JSPM started with go script of SPS15 breaks with error

Cannot initialize application data.

Could not extract value with key SAPSYSTEM from file <profil>. A possible reason could be that the path to the directory containing the sappfpar executable is not included in the PATH environment variable.

Could not start process sappfpar.

Error while executing process sappfpar.

java.io.IOException: sappfpar: not found

Reason: missing parameters in SBMJOB command run by script.

Solution: Fixed with go script of SPS 16. If your JSPM is not at this level you can utilize the script attached to this note

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it from i-Series windows navigator ..Should I have to start it from HMC console only?

JSPM version is 7.0 SP9.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To solve this problem should I update JSPM to SP16 first?

If its so please let me know how to update JSPM only to level 16

Thanks in advance

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I am not sure I understand what you mean JSPM should be started by default.

When you go to qsh and start 'go', it will come up with some information and finally state that it is waiting for connection (or similar). At that point you start the startgui.bat to connect.

Regards,

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will start the script "go" on i-Series machine ( to start JSPM process)

then I will start startgui.bat from I-series navigator to connect the JSPM so as to apply Java SP's.

0 Kudos

Hi daniel,

Please make absolutely sure that you carfully read note 885063. In particular avoid running into one issue described in the troubleshooting section when JSPM was started by mistake using go.bat from Windows instead of go.sh from IBM i. Check file BOOTSTRAP.xml accordingly.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I get the similar kind of error. I am trying to run the JSPM on our NW 7.0 SP 9 (EP7.0) windows server with MSSQL2005. I tried implementing note 885063 replacing hte "go" file given in the noted, still i get the same problem. Please advice.

Trouble Ticket Report

Java Support Package Manager for SAP NetWeaver'04s

SID................: PS1

Hostname...........: sapms1

Install directory..: G:/usr/sap/PS1

Database...........: Microsoft SQL Server

Operating System...: $(/J2EE/StandardSystem/CentralInstance/J2EEEngineInstanceHost/OpSysType)

JDK version........: 1.4.2_13 Sun Microsystems Inc.

JSPM version.......: 7.00.9.2.1.4.35

System release.....: 700

ABAP stack present.: false

The execution ended in error.

Could not extract value with key SAPSYSTEM from file G:/usr/sap/PS1/SYS/profile/PS1_JC00_sapms1. A possible reason could be that the path to the directory containing the sappfpar executable is not included in the PATH environment variable.

Could not start process sappfpar.

Error while executing process sappfpar.

java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: sappfpar pf=G:/usr/sap/PS1/SYS/profile/PS1_JC00_sapms1 SAPSYSTEM error=2

More information can be found in the log file G:\usr\sap\PS1\JC00\j2ee\JSPM\log\log_2008_08_04_14_28_57\JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM

com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.JspmUiException

JSPM_MAIN

JSPMPhases

NetWeaver Upgrade

SAPJup

Java Upgrade

Thanks, Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As this forum is dedicated for i5/OS(DB4) your question regarding MSSQL is for sure at the wrong place. So my recommendation is to place this new question as a new thread in another forum, e.g. the .[Software Logistics forum|;, where you find the experts for your scenario.

Note 885063 is dedicated for iSeries, too. Your entry point should be note 891983 instead.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankf you Thomas. Since similar kinda of discussion was going on related to my error, I replied to the link. I did started a new thread in a Java AS forum.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

The only thing that you has to do was logon into you server with you SIDadm user and then use go.bat executable.

I hope this help you.

Best Regards

Iliana Castillo

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please take a look at the OSS note which was mentioned twice. It details all the steps you have to do to start JSMP on iSeries.

You have start go in qsh, then map rootbin to your PC and then use startgui.bat from your PC to start the GUI itself which will connect to the JSPM process you started on iSeries. The instruction in the note are listing every command you have to enter.

If you follow these steps and still have problems, please let me know.

Regards,

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me summarize the steps

1) First I should start JSPM server process on I-series machine by QSH.

2) Then I should connect the JSPM server from Windows machine (i-Series navigator) by startgui.bat so as to apply JAVA sp's.

So JSMP does run by defualt..

Am I correct ?..Please let me know if I am wrong.

I would appreciate all your help.

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we usually start in in qsh. You mentioned in your first post that you are using go.bat. For iSeries you have to use 'go', not 'go.bat'.

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

'go' is neither .exe file nor .bat file ..so how can I use it from i-Series navigator ..it has one more file startgui.bat also..(will it solve our purpose)

Shall I start the process applying JAVA sp's directly on i-Series HMC console by logon as sidadm and QSH .

Does i-Series support GUI process or application?

Thanks in advance

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at OSS note 885063. It describes how to start JSPM for iSeries.

There also have been some threads regarding this.

I hope this helps, otherwise let me know.

Regards,

Ingrid