cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System alias "SAP_LocalSystem"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's,

We've been trying to solve the following issue, but still didn't succeed.

We're running EP 7.0 on SP15. Since some time we're facing the problem that we receive portal runtime errors when we open web dynpro applications that refer to EP itself (e.g. Universal Worklist - Configuration, Guided Procedures runtime, etc.)

When checking the parameters of the iView, we can see that the system that is called is the SAP_LocalSystem. For testing we changed this parameter to another system alias, and see that we have no error, but the message that the page does not exist.

Does this problem sound familiar to you and did you solve this issue, could you tell us how?

TIA, Jacques

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use dedicated application server.

You have to create system alias in syatem administartion. while creating you nedd to specify the system information. once the connection is working fine, you won't get portal runtime error.

For universal worklist please refer the below link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a3461636-0301-0010-3787-978f5ac8...

Regards,

Bala.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks for the hint. However, now I'm looking where to set the system alias "SAP_LocalSystem".

I found no instruction to create a seperate system for the portal in system administration where I have to assign the system alias to. Any idea where to enter this system alias?

Regards, Jacques

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add the Alias to the Portal System itself or where the UWL is running, To add the alias just clieck on the Portal at the System Landscape and go to the Alias tab and assign the alias there.

Hope this helps

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Up to SP12 it seemed that it worked correct. However no explicit instruction was given in the SP stacks to do so. Thus, we have no entry for our portal system in system administration as we do have for BW, CRM, ECC, SRM etc.

What kind of Portal component should I use: SAP_R3_ConnectionString or SAP_R3_Dedidated?

We don't use load balancing, so I suggest we don't have to use this...

Any hints will help...

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems to be quite an odd behaviour,

I think you should open an OSS Message as this happen after a SP.

Regards

Juan