SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organisation Structure - ISU

rajesh_vasudeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a unique scenario at hand. The Utility company where I work is engaged in three types of business scenarios.

1) The Company carries on its Own business.

2) The Company carries out business on behalf of its Parent company for whom it does all the activties and gets an amount for the same.( Meter reading to Collection Management )

3) The Company does business on behalf of Another Company for whom it does all the activities and gets an amount. (Meter reading to Collection Management )

We intend to create One Company Code for EACH type of business under one client.FICA data is transfered to FI using recon.key daily and report is generated daily. It is handed over to the respective Parent Company and Other Company for which it does business.

Q1) Is the treatment of the Organisational structure right ?

Q2) How can I make the authorisation for Enduser to access only his relevant Company code information.

Q3) Kindly let me know under this scenario how to integrate with the MM/PM requirement with the existing SAP R/3 system landscape.(The utility has two seperate systems, one the exisiting SAP R/3 system where PM, MM and SD are maintaned and the other SAP ISU system)

Please Advise..

Thanks in advance..

R.Vasudev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

You did not mention how your Finance team wants the Accounts to be reflected?

Do they want to consolidated data of the all the businesses or Independent display of the data?

What so ever, I tried to answer your questions below:

Yes! assuming that your requirement is to have separate financial info. Of course there are couple of other Qs' too to be answered like how you want Move-in, Move-out data to be captured, How you want payments to be made <<<is it by single co on behalf of other cos are by each and every co>>>

Q2) How can I make the authorisation for Enduser to access only his relevant Company code information.

You need to speak with your Basis/Role profile team. They wud disable/enable users from accessing diffy cocd data.

Q3) Kindly let me know under this scenario how to integrate with the MM/PM requirement with the existing SAP R/3 system landscape.(The utility has two seperate systems, one the exisiting SAP R/3 system where PM, MM and SD are maintaned and the other SAP ISU system)

hmmm...little bit not so clear Q.. However, you'd integrate MM/PM in SAP R/3 as usual. At the end of the day/week/month you'd transfer FICA data to SAP R/3 <<this wud automatically update data in other modules if Integration is already in place>>.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Points!!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

You did not mention how your Finance team wants the Accounts to be reflected?

Do they want to consolidated data of the all the businesses or Independent display of the data?

What so ever, I tried to answer your questions below:

Yes! assuming that your requirement is to have separate financial info. Of course there are couple of other Qs' too to be answered like how you want Move-in, Move-out data to be captured, How you want payments to be made <<<is it by single co on behalf of other cos are by each and every co>>>

You need to speak with your Basis/Role profile team. They wud disable/enable users from accessing diffy cocd data.

hmmm...little bit not so clear Q.. However, you'd integrate MM/PM in SAP R/3 as usual. At the end of the day/week/month you'd transfer FICA data to SAP R/3 <<this wud automatically update data in other modules if Integration is already in place>>.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Points!!!

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To Q1: sounds right to me. We used a similiar set-up in a similar company (own business + sister company + third party business)

To Q2: You can indeed include the company code in the authorisations, but ISU also has a mechanism for it (although not on all object, i believe): the authorisation group. This is normally for a deregulated scenario where some users can only access supply data and other users only net data, but it will work in your case too.

To use them: simply assign auth. groups to each object (for example to installations), based on whatever logical division there is between the companies; then assign the auth groups to the according users.

To Q3: i'm not sure I understand the question... Do you need to interface an R/3 with an ISU system? Or are you migrating everything to one system? What exactly is your requirement here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

1.Ofcourse it's right based on above said scenario.The above Q has some limitations.we have to guess the singly country,single currency,tax and legal specifications.

If it is operating under multiple countries then the organisational structure changes based on the external reporting and legal considerations .

2.You can use authorizations to restrict the access of users to the system, and thereby protect transactions and programs from unauthorized access.Server authorization concept is based on assigning authorizations to users based on roles.Consult ur basis team to coordinate.

3.Integration of genaric modules MM/SD/PM...if u choose different company codes that leads to intercompany scenarious also to be included for the procurement purposes..

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi