cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition Scales - Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus, hope you can help

I need to set up 3 scales for a small number of customers.

< 350 Qty = X % off invoice discount

351 - 700 Qty = Y % off invoice discount

> 700 Qty = Z % off invoice discount

When I enter into VK11 and create the condition record (Customer & Bra Pri Grp), enter into Scales I can't see anywhere to add the correct scales as above??

Is there somewhere where you configure the scaling type? I have had a look within the Condition Type under the SCALES section but can't generate what I need

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Barry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Now it should work. Because you wish to give the discount in percentage only. Please create an order and check.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help - now all working

have rewarded points.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

1. In V/06, you control whether you want the pricing scale as value based or quantity based. If you select value based then the system will use the scale currency as the currency & not the "%". If you select the scale basis as quantity based then the system allows you to select "%" in the scale currency column.

2. Now the scaling you want is as flows:

< 350 Qty = X % off invoice discount (less than 350 means 1-350 = X%)

351 - 700 Qty = Y % off invoice discount (351-700 = Y%)

700 Qty = Z%.

Here I would like to correct you the second scale should be 351-699 as you cannot use the same reference for 2 different scalings.

I assume that from 700 quantity & more the discount would be "Z%".

Also in V/06, you can control whether the scale type will be "from scale" or "to scale". If you use "can be maintained in con" then it will be from scale & if you select "To-scale" then it will be a to scale.

Solution for VK11:

1. If you are using from scale then you should enter as follows:

Scale value.................Amount

1............................X%

351.........................Y%

700.........................Z%

In this case, the last discount scale will be applicable for the quantities more than 700 also & it will be indefinite.

2. If you are using to scale then you should enter as follows:

Scale Value...............Amount

350..........................X%

699..........................Y%

700..........................Z%

In this case, the last discount will be applicable for quantity 700 only.

So you can choose accordingly as per your requirements.

Reward points if solution helps.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the column UoM as blank, it will be picked up as per the sales unit maintained in the Material master.

You need to just maintain values for the scale basis and check value in the condition type.

Prakash

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the codnition type configuration in the field 'UoM = %' change the % and give your unit of measure (EA etc.,) and try.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UoM does equal EA, the screen above changed when I saved the entry and doesn't look correct now.

UoM = Ea

Unit = %

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system performs as per the scales maintained in the condition type, check the Condition type under scales if the scale type is blank so that the scales can be maintained during the condition record maintenance thru VK11.

If the scale type is maitained as C then the system doesnot show the scales when maintaining the condition record.

Prakash

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The path you are following is correct and in the scales you can give in the from as 1/blank;351;701 and enter the corresponding values. If you are not getting the percentage and getting only value, then please check the calculation type in the Condition type configuration of that particular condition type.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using calculation type of A - percentage

Scales settings are:

Scale Basis = C Qty Scales

Check Val = Blank

Scale Type = Blank

Scale Formula = Blank

UoM = %

VK11 Entry: (Against Customer / Brand Pricing Group)

Scale Type: Scale Qty UoM Amount Unit

From 1.000 EA 75.100- %

351.000 78.100-

701.000 78.850-

All saves ok.

When creating a sales doc using the customer and BPG the condition rec is found but no % value is added, just says 0.000%. When analysing the record if found but uses the first value only.

any ideas??