cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code to fill the dropdown by index from model

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to WDJ.

I am trying to fill the dropdown(index) frm model. I have called RFC in the model ,added it to the used model and

mapped view context elements to the custom controller context elements.

The project was built with no errors.

But i am getting the 500 internal server error while running the application.

Here am giving the code which i wrote to fill up the dropdwon.

Can anybodly please guide me is the following code correct ? am missing something ?

Controller's method :

public void ExecuteSales_Document( )

{

//@@begin ExecuteSales_Document()

IWDMessageManager manager = wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager();

try

{

wdContext.currentSales_DocuemntElement().modelObject().execute();

wdContext.nodeOutput().invalidate();

}

catch(WDDynamicRFCExecuteException e)

{

manager.reportException(e.getMessage(),

false);

}

IWDAttributeInfo attributeInfo = wdContext.nodeOutput().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("vbeln");

ISimpleTypeModifiable attrType = attributeInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();

IModifiableSimpleValueSet valueSet = attrType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

int size = wdContext.nodeOutput().size();

for(int i=0;i<size;i++)

{

valueSet.put(wdContext.nodeOutput().nodeSalesdocument().getSalesdocumentElementAt(i).getVbeln(),wdContext.nodeSalesdocument().getSalesdocumentElementAt(i).getVbeln());

}

//@@end

}

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you get an internal server error 500, please check the default trace file and find the exception that causes this error. Post the complete stack trace, otherwise no one can help you.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

This is default trace file.

#1.5#0011258F6E960072000000660002AC0C0004534A769C3497#1217479189546#com.sap.tc.webdynpro.sessionmanagement#sap.com/tcwddispwda#com.sap.tc.webdynpro.sessionmanagement.ExceptionHandler.handleThrowable#Guest#0####b08b73825eba11dd88cb0011258f6e96#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_49##0#0#Error#1#/System/UserInterface#Java###Exception occured during processing of Web Dynpro application . The causing exception is nested.

[EXCEPTION]

#2#local/Adaptive_RFC/Adaptive_RFC#com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.TypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.sap.rfc.sales.types.RFC_SalesDocument:com.sap.rfc.sales.types.Zlt_Vbeln could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: TypeBroker failed to access SLD: Error while obtaining JCO connection.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:305)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.DataNodeInfo.doInit(DataNodeInfo.java:234)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:671)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:674)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Context.init(Context.java:40)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:199)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.getView(ViewManager.java:709)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.bindRoot(ViewManager.java:579)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.init(ViewManager.java:155)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.doOpen(WebDynproWindow.java:295)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.ApplicationWindow.show(ApplicationWindow.java:183)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.ApplicationWindow.open(ApplicationWindow.java:178)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:364)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.initApplication(ApplicationSession.java:707)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:269)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:759)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:712)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:261)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:149)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:46)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:387)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:365)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:944)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:160)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Caused by: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: TypeBroker failed to access SLD: Error while obtaining JCO connection.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker$1.fillSldConnection(DataTypeBroker.java:90)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalResolveLogicalNameToJCODestination(ProviderFactory.java:377)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.resolveLogicalNameToJCODestination(ProviderFactory.java:322)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalGetProvider(ProviderFactory.java:181)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.getProvider(ProviderFactory.java:146)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getProvider(DdDictionaryPool.java:97)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:79)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:48)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getDataType(DdBroker.java:149)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getStructure(DdBroker.java:180)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:303)

... 38 more

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscapeException: Error while obtaining JCO connection.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:152)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnectionUnMapped(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:178)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.core.SystemLandscapeInternal.getJCOClientConnectionUnMapped(SystemLandscapeInternal.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker$1.fillSldConnection(DataTypeBroker.java:77)

... 48 more

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_SalesDocument_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:467)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.init(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:233)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.<init>(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:218)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.<init>(JCOClientConnection.java:129)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:150)

... 51 more

#

Thanks & regards

Sireesha.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

+TypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.sap.rfc.sales.types.RFC_SalesDocument:com.sap.rfc.sales.types.Zlt_Vbeln could not be loaded:+

By this error we can say that, there is some change in the back end. they have changed some data type or field.

re import the model and check the mapping again. if required restart the j2ee engine

check this thread its similar to yours

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_SalesDocument_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

check this error. its with JCO destinations. contact your BASIS team

PradeeP

Edited by: pradeep bondla on Aug 1, 2008 1:32 PM

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Your RFC interface seems to be changed. Try this:

Reimport the RFCmodel ,

Edit the context mapping, and check the bindings and

Restart the server.

Then deploy the application.

Check you JCo Destinations too once.

because of this com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: TypeBroker failed to access SLD: Error while obtaining JCO connection in your stock trace. Particularly this line

WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_SalesDocument_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

You can test your JCo destinations like this.

Open your Portal -> Go to Content Administration -> Click on Web Dynpro. Here in left side, you can see all your deployed WD applications. Browse and select your application. In right side you can see the JCo destinations for your application. You can test your JCo destinations. If they are not working properly, you can edit them also.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the trace clearly saying no JCO destination with the below

"WD_RFC_METADATA_SalesDocument_DEST"

please contact with your basis one and give the Proper Jco while importing model

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Do i need to create JCO destinations for how many models that i created in my application or one JCO destination is enough.

While creating model in defining logical system dropdown one JCO destination is available : WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST and WD_MODELDATA_DEST.

Can i use the above model instance and RFC metadata ? or do i need to create a separae for my model ?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

with Single Jco connection we can create multiple models.

contact your "Basis" administrator to get details about the Jco destinations.

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I have created JCO destinations for metadata and dictionary type.Both are successfully running in the server side.

In NWDS i should replace the old JCO destinations with the new one for my application. So for that i was able to replace old JCO JCO destination with the new one for dictionary type which is for RFC.. but for the application data i could not find any property "Model Settings " of model my class Input. I do not understand where should i replace this old application data with the new JCO destination.

Can anyone please tell me how to replace the application name ?

Regards

Sireesha.

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Yes , you can replace the other JCO destination (application scope) through the model classes.

Just go to your model name XYZ --> Model Classes --> And Double click on any of the RFCs classes( some..Zrfc_xyz_input). Then in the properties you can replace the old JCO with the new one.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Check out this link:

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra / Gopal,

I have told that i have already tried this way but i can see only three properties for my model class which are name,package, path. But i cannt see model class settings and model settings. So my doubt is where should i change this application data destination in my model since i am not getting model settings properties.

Regards

Sireesha.

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

You are right. However double-click on the model class....then it will open your class and you should able to see properties of model settings and model settings.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

thank u so much. I can see the model properties. Now my runtime error is gone. But dropdown is empty at runtime. Its not getting filled. I have binded in the doinit method of the custom controller and also texts proerty is bound. Where could be the problem?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Do u have any idea on why the dropdown is not getting filled with the data? Its showing empty.

Regards

Sireesha.

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

As you are using the custom RFC, first the field should be populated with data. In your case I suppose your field is not populated with data -- I mean you had not written any code for the population for data into that particular field in RFC.

When that field is populated with data in RFC , automatically in the webdynpro, when you bind to the texts property, the data populates in the runtime.

Regards,

Narendra.

Edited by: Narendra on Aug 7, 2008 11:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi narendra,

I have written code for populating the field with data. I have checked in SE37. Its working fine.......

Apart from the code where could be the problem ?

Regards

Sireesha.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

call RFC in DoInit method if you want to populate the values at initialization time.

and bind the"tests" properties of DropDownByIndex Element with RFC Attribute.

example if your RFC context Structure is

zsd_fm_get_input -

node

output -

node

t_input -

node

description -- attributre

id -- attribute

bind the"tests" properties of DropDownByIndex Element with "id" or "description" as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Babu V on Jul 28, 2008 5:53 PM

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

You can do so just by assigning the corresponding context attribute (e.g vbeln) to the texts property of the DropDownByIndex UI .

Hope this should work out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Can you please tell me clearly. I do not understand your reply.

Can u send me the code for index.

Regards

Sireesha.

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

For ex. If your required field has different values (like 51001,51002,51003,etc), just you can simply bind the texts property to the same field. In the runtime you can see the field populated with data like (51001,51002,51003, etc)..

No code is necessary...

But only see that the backend RFC has the field populated with data.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I had already binded the texts property of dropdown to the context element attribute. and in the doInit method i called the method which is defined in the controller.

Do u mean no code is required to fill the dropdown when dropdown by index is used ?

Can u pls tell me where else code is required to fill this..?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

no code is required apart from what you did.

once cross check in your controller doInit method the below code is there,

wdContext.node < RFC_NODE > ().bind(new < RFC_NODE >() );

if not add this also.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Babu V on Jul 29, 2008 12:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for your reply.

I have not added the code which u have posted. But i have declared a method in the controller which am calling in the view doinit method as below.

wdThis.wdGetSalesItemListController().ExecuteSales_Document();

My doubt is this user-defined method ExecuteSales_Document need to be implemented or not ? or is it necessary to call this in view doinit method ?

and in your code after the bind can u give me the proper syntax how to define this RFC node...

my RFC root node is Sales_Document. so after in the bind method i do not understand how to call the RFC node?

is this correct ? wdContext.nodeSales_Docuemnt().bind(new <Sales_Document>())

with the above syntax am getting errors at "new"

can u pls correct me the above one?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please follow the below instructions

1.in Controller DoInit()

paste this code

wdContext.nodeSales_Document().bind(new Sales_Document());

2.and implement the "ExecuteSales_Document" method in controller with below code

public void ExecuteSales_Document( ){

IWDMessageManager manager = wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager();

try

{

wdContext.currentSales_DocumentElement().modelObject().execute();

wdContext.nodeOutput().invalidate();

}

catch(WDDynamicRFCExecuteException e)

{

manager.reportException(e.getMessage(), false);

}

}

and

3. call wdThis.wdGetSalesItemListController().ExecuteSales_Document();

method in Doinit method of Your view

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

I did the same as you suggested.

But getting the error at Sales_Document in the below code as " Sales_Document" cannot be resolved or is not a type.

Code In the controller doinit() method

wdContext.nodeSales_Document().bind(new Sales_Document());

Sales_Document is my RFC root node (Controller contexts root node).

Which bind method i should select in the context menu.I have tried with the 3 bind methods which are available in the context menu. But still am getting this exception...

Can u pls correct me the above one ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

tell me the RFC Name you using

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ZSALES_DOCUMENT is my ZRFC in R/3. With this RFC am fetching only the sales documents numbers in the table. as a result of this RFC am getting the list of sales numbers into the table.

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

use this code wdContext.nodeZSALES_DOCUMENT().bind(new ZSALES_DOCUMENT());

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

As u said in your first reply in this thread after the wdcontext i will be getting the controller's Context Nodes in the context menu but how will i be getting the RFC name itself (Zsales_Document) in the context menu...?

I mean .nodeZSALES_DOCUMENT() cannt be getting in the context menu (Popup Menu)

Here is my Controllers Context Structure

Sales_Document

Output

salesdocument

|

vbeln.

use this code wdContext.nodeZSALES_DOCUMENT().bind(new ZSALES_DOCUMENT());

As per the my above structurte i will be getting .nodeSales_Document. bind etc.,

But how i will be getting for Zsales_Document in the popu menu.?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

As u said only binding the texts property is enough for to fill the dropdown by index. I have tried by removing my previous code and treid by binding the texts property but still am getting 500 internal server error...

can u advice me where it was wrong..

and also can u advice me on the below code as ramesh suggested in this post..

wdContext.nodeSales_Docuemnt().bind(new Sales_Document());

In the above line am getting error at sales_document as cannt be resolved or is not a type.

can u pls tell me clearly after the new operator what element need to be mentioned?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

" Sales_Document " this is Value Node or Model Node ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales_Documenet is Model Node.

What attribute i need to give after new ?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

give Sales_Documenet() after new

and if you get cannot be resolved or is not a type then do the organize imports.

ramesh

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

I suppose you are not calling the rfc related to data that was supposed to fill for the particular field.

I am giving a small example.

if your rfc has field VBELN, then this field has to be filled up with data by SELECT * --- statement in the source code of the rfc.

And then this rfc when called in your application, automatically populates to the binded DropDownByIndex UI.

Try with this.

Regards,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Press Ctrl + Space placing the cursor inside brackets of bind

wdContext.nodeSales_Docuemnt().bind();

You will find some options on what all correct parameters can be passed. Ignore the Collection parameter, choose the other option

where user have to pass instance of the RFC Model class. You will get the name of correct Model Class. If Model Class name is

"Sales_Doc" then write code as wdContext.nodeSales_Docuemnt().bind(new Sales_Doc());.. If it is something else then pass instance

of that model class.

After writing the code still you find error then press CtrlShifto.. This will organize your imports.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Thank u so much for your valuable reply.

As of now i am calling the Controllers context attribute in the bind method but as you said it should be model class instance parameter.

Not getting the exception after specifying the correct parameter. But still am getting the 500 Internal Server Error after ruuing the application.

Here am giving the model clas structure , controllers context structure and also RFC's struct...

Can u pls indentify where its wrong..

Model Class

RFC_Salesdocument (Model name)

____Model Classes

Zlt_Vbeln(Line Type which contains vbeln field)

Zsales_Document_Input

Output

Salesdocument

Zsales_Document_Ouput

| Salesdocument

Custom Controllers Context Structure

Context

|

Sales_Document

Output

Salesdocument

Vbeln

This is how i defined my rfc structure in model and controller.

You can go thru my previous posts in this thread to check the code written method execute..

And the doinit() method of controller

wdContext.nodeSales_Docuemnt().bind(new Zsales_Document_Input());

Its not throwing any exceptions while deploying but at runtime getting 500 internal server error.

Can u please check this?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

post the stacktrace of the error.

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The following is the runtime error.

500 Internal Server Error

SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.00/Java AS 7.00

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator.

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

I think error is not on your coding. Check out following link. Its better you contact your Basis team or admin.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/500servererror.htm

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

To know where is the problem i have created a one webdynpro welcome application and checked it. Its working fine. Not throwing any runtime errors. But only for this current application am getting this problem. All other applications r working fine.

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

post total error you getting ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

I am unable to give any further hint. May be you can try with restarting the J2EE Server. Do not know whether it will help your cause

or not.

And ya do what Ramesh is suggesting. It will help people here in SDN to solve your problem.

Regards,

Gopal

Edited by: Gopal on Jul 30, 2008 3:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already posted the complete error in the above post.

500 Internal Server Error

SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.00/Java AS 7.00

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there anybody who can reply on this........ ?

Regards

Sireesha.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do model binding ( mapping from model to controller) it will come in to your component controller.

when you map your view to component controller it will come to your view context. you have to drag this nodes and drop to left side while mapping.

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are using "Component Controller" or "Custom Controller" to implementing the rfc execute method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am using csutom controller only to implement the RFC execute method.

I checked with the basis reg this its not problme with the network or anything but its problem with the code. because all other applicatipns are running perfectly fine. Only this application is throwing some runtime error.

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then do one thing

leave the cutom controller and do in Component controller DoInit then see ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Just now i have done same thing by dusing component controller.

1. In the first step i have checked by not wrting code, i just binded the texts property of the dropdown and tested it, but its still giving this 500 internal error.

2. In the second step i have implemented the method which ia defined in this component controller and implemented doinit method etc...but afte this also am getting this exception at runtime.

Can you please do one thing...

Can you create one sample application by taking only drondown by index and label do the same process at our end.

because am not understanding where its wrong...

can u pls check the same at your end if its working let me know the steps so that i will check what i have missed out..

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For drop down by index you can bind it from the context attribute that contains data.

Code what you have written is for the dropdown by key.

Regards

Ayyapparaj