cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Stack of Solution Manager is not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I have a little problem with the Java stack of the Sol Man.

The Java Stack doesn´t start.

- sapmmc says:

-- J2EE Process Table:

Name    |  PID  |  Type            | Restart  |  Exitcode  | Status    | Debug
server0  |  0      |  J2EE Server | No        | -11113       | Stopped | Disabled

-- SMD:

--- Process List:

Process      | Description  | Status
jcontrol.exe | J2EE Server | Starting the processes

(starting but nothing happens!!)

- SM28 says:

User SAPSYS (who is this by the way???): Run-time error "RAISE_EXCEPTION" occurred --> Detailed (when i made a double click on this error): Program: SRT_CCMS_DATA_COLLECTOR

About the topic of "not starting jcontrol" I found this: http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/jcontrol-is-not-starting-after-restar...

I also found these log files but have no idea what is important to check it, where is the error and so on...

Is it possible to "switch off" the monitoring of the java stack to the ABAP system?

Please help me!! I am not so familiar with Java administration.

Edited by: Geraldine Pastor Guzman on Jul 28, 2008 12:48 PM

Edited by: Geraldine Pastor Guzman on Jul 28, 2008 12:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user SAPJSF was locked or could not log on again, because of too many failed attempts. So I unlocked him in the ABAP system and set the pw again.

Then I "changed" (it´s the same) the pw in the config tool again and restarted the Java stack.

--> Still not running!

Security.0.log file says something about authorizations and read-only (see SAP Note 908911). So I gave SAPJSF the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION, too. Restart Java stack --> Still not running.

I analyzed the default.6.trc file and read something about "J2EE_GUEST unknown..." ...so I just created this one in the ABAP System with same pw and SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO role.

Restart Java stack! --> Running!

Thanks for help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Geraldine,

Am facing the same problem what you faced earlier, and i gone through this post too.

Even i checked the "default.5.trc" file as follows,

<!LOGHEADER[START]/>

<!HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/>

<!LOGGINGVERSION[1.5.3.7185 - 630]/>

<!NAME[./log/defaultTrace.trc]/>

<!PATTERN[defaultTrace.trc]/>

<!FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.ListFormatter]/>

<!ENCODING[Cp1252]/>

<!FILESET[5, 20, 10485760]/>

<!PREVIOUSFILE[defaultTrace.4.trc]/>

<!NEXTFILE[defaultTrace.6.trc]/>

<!LOGHEADER[END]/>

#1.5#00188BF955DA006F00046A7600001478000447109FDC41EB#1204036633930#com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase##com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.Runnable.run()####sapsandbox.dhruv_ASM_1988450#Guest#b65bcfe0884a11dca0a800188bf955da#Thread[R3RoleDataSource_UpdateThread[8563951],10,SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_Group]##0#0#Error#1#/System/Security/Usermanagement#Java#Exception during background update of role data buffer##Exception during background update of role data buffer

[EXCEPTION]

#1#com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Logon not possible (error in license check) at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJRfc.java:455) at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc$Client.connect(MiddlewareJRfc.java:1015) at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.connect(JCO.java:3238) at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Pool.getClient(JCO.java:5380) at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$PoolManager.getClient(JCO.java:6149) at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$PoolManager.getClient(JCO.java:6099) at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO.getClient(JCO.java:8766) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.r3persistence.R3JCo640Proxy$Client640.fetchClient(R3JCo640Proxy.java:441) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.r3persistence.R3JCo640Proxy$Client640.execute(R3JCo640Proxy.java:367) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3RoleDataSource.checkBufferRefresh(R3RoleDataSource.java:2223) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3RoleDataSource.access$000(R3RoleDataSource.java:54) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3RoleDataSource$1.run(R3RoleDataSource.java:680) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) #1.5#00188BF955DA001D0000000E0000025C000495286DB204DC#1289900778453#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_49##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Plain###Service com.sap.security.core.ume.service error. Nested exception is: com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed. at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:388) at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144) at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150) Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: Logon not possible (error in license check) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.newPersistenceException(R3PersistenceBase.java:178) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.init(R3PersistenceBase.java:446) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:357) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:156) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:109) at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:56) at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:270) at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:295) ... 6 more # #1.5#00188BF955DA001D000000100000025C000495286DB206FE#1289900778453#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_49##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Java###Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started. [EXCEPTION] #1#com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed.

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:388)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: Logon not possible (error in license check)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.newPersistenceException(R3PersistenceBase.java:178)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.init(R3PersistenceBase.java:446)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:357)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:156)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:109)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:56)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:270)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:295)

... 6 more

#

#1.5#00188BF955DA001D000000120000025C000495286DB20841#1289900778453#com.sap.engine.core.Framework##com.sap.engine.core.Framework#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_49##0#0#Fatal#1#/System/Server#Plain###Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.#

Please help me to sort out this issue,as am new to this.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the trace file...RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Logon not possible (error in license check)

Do you have a valid license?

WL

Former Member
0 Kudos

i checked with tocde-slicense, the license is expired in sloman.

actually the exbasis person was handling all these stuffs, am new to this environment(firm)......so am lookin for some help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Java Stack was running. OS is Win Srv 64.

What was done: As in Post-Inst Guide Check of the SAPJSF User and Role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO. Profile was new generated, because User-Role was not active. After that, Error description, that SAPJSF had not enought privileges, temporarily gave SAPJSF SAP_ALL. Now SAPSYS made prob. Guesses were, that Post-Inst of monintoring was corrupted and the SAPJSF action brought that to the surface, but not sure.

Question:

Not enought rights for SAPSYS? Broken Profile-Roles?

Broken RFC for monitoring?

0 Kudos

Hi,

After a restart of SAP are there any shortdumps?

What is your working/customizing client in ABAP?

If you have a doc on how you installed your solution manager it would also be helpful.

Make sure SAPJSF user has the following roles in your working client

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO

And make sure those roles are generated.

Check through the java configtool under Global Server configuration -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service and look at the value of ume.r3.connection.master.client

It should point to the working/customizing client of your ABAP.

You can see all your clients with transaction SCC4 (by default you will have clients 000/001/066)

Hope this will help you.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is an extract from:

\usr\sap\SID\inst<No>\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\system\security.0.log

#1.5 #005056B97331001E000000000000137400045316B6C30CD7#1217256927458#/System/Security/Usermanagement##com.sap.security.core.persistence#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_56##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.security.core.persistence#Java#User Management Engine (com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence) failed to connect to the ABAP backend system. Check that connection data are correct and the backend system is available. Error message: "{0}". Connection data (obtained from properties of UME service in section "ume.r3.connection.master.": "{1}".##User Management Engine (com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence) failed to connect to the ABAP backend system. Check that connection data are correct and the backend system is available. Error message: "{0}". Connection data (obtained from properties of UME service in section "ume.r3.connection.master.": "{1}".#2#Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts#{
  passwd=********
  lang=EN
  receiverid=master
  sysnr=$$
  client=100
  poolmaxsize=10
  user=SAPJSF
  receiverid_guest=master
  ashost=localhost
  poolmaxwait=10000
}

So I guess there is something wrong with the password of SAPJSF?! where can I correct this?!

@ Oxya Consulting

SAPJSF has only the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO.

Should I add the other role, too? Where can I get this role?

Edited by: Geraldine P. on Jul 29, 2008 9:45 AM

0 Kudos

Geraldine.

First answer my question. What is your working ABAP client.

Provide a screenshot of transaction SCC4!

Kind Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is Client 100.

Can´t provide screenshot here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

>

> Check through the java configtool under Global Server configuration -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service and look at the value of ume.r3.connection.master.client

> Hope this will help you.

> Kind Regards

ume.r3.connection.master.client: Custom value is 100. It has no default value.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok that looks good.

Log on to your ABAP in client 100

Transaction SU01

User = SAPJSF

Set to change mode

Go to the Roles Tab

On a white line just fill in the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION and press enter

After doing so double click that role (this will bring you to the profile generator.

Make sure the role is generated (The tab authorizations must be green and there must exist a value in the field "Profile Name" something like T-Sxxxxxxx)

If it isn't then generate the role

If this is all ok and you saved the user settings.

Then try to restart your J2EE engine...

You can do it in commandline if you want...

<driveletter>:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\exe\jcmon pf=<driveletter>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_DVEBMGS00_<Hostname>

============================================================

JControl Monitor Program - Main Menu

============================================================

0 : exit

-

10 : Cluster Administration Menu

-

20 : Local Administration Menu

-

30 : Shared Memory Menu (Solid Rock, experimental)

-

Select option 10

Then type 50 (=Shutdown and Restart Cluster)

This will try to start the J2EE engine.

IF still not succesfull provide the server0.log file

0 Kudos

Hi Geraldine,

Did your java-stack ever run?

If it did in the past what has changed?

On what OS did you install the solution manager?

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the OSS notes.

1. Note 943498 - J2EE Engine does not start 6.40 and 7.0

2. Note 659581 - SAP J2EE Engine 6.20 - Error starting DBMS service.

3. Check the permissions for all folders.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I checked the notes. I also analyzed the dev_server0.trc file and there was also a recommendation for a OSS Note (943602). This directed me to the OSS note 940893.

Chapter "4. Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code" is about

These errors require a more detailed analysis. Therefore, send the complete compressed content of the work directory and the log of the node affected (for example, the content of \usr\sap\SID\inst<No>\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\system\server0.log) to SAP Support.
Note for Support employees: See internal Note <999112>.

My dev_server0.trc file:

[Thr 5572] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = -11113)
[Thr 5572] **********************************************************************
*** ERROR => The Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code.
*** Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'J2EE Engine exit codes'
*** for additional information and trouble shooting.
[Thr 5572] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = -11113)

I have also the correct java version (1.4.2_17 (64bit)).

So what to do? Really send it to SAP support? Is there also an alternative?