cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking the Inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client has repetitive manufact practice and after confirming the qty say 10, 1 insp lot is generated but the requirement is client want to break that 1 lot into 10 lots for 10 qty so that he can post the qty against each lot.

how to map this/ is there any user exit or badi that i can use?

kindly suggest.

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You can incorporate the requirement this way........

Create a SDP (QPV2), where you should keep the primary sample as "P2" base on inspection lot container. Don't do any further settings.

Assign it to the inspection plan. In the MIC, set the sample size as 1.

Now, while the inspection lot get triggered, you should enter the equal figure to the field "No. Containers" in the SAMPLE Tab for the Inspection lot.

What system will do is, it will trigger equal number of primary samples to the inspection lot quantity, and result recording have to be done against each primary physical sample. and total sample size will also become = Lot quantity.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Criag and Shyamal for your valuable replies

Shyamal i'm not working on sampling drawing i'm working for a client who is in a automotive sector.

I am again elaborating the requirement.

Production declaration is done in batches, Example 3 qty is produced- one inspection lot is generated. Partial UD posting would be required for each serial vehicle. Or *system shall create number of inspection lots Or splitting of lots required.

is splitting of the inspection lots possible in SAP ?

client is demanding for creation of the sub inspection lots/ splitting of the inspection lots as mentioned above.

kindly suggest.

Regards,

Anil

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, but each item could be a different inspection point.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Very much Craig,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I have assigned the points for ur feedback.

Regards,

Anil

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That doesn't make sense with the description you gave. You said they confirm a qty like 10. Then want to break that into 10 lots to confirm qty again against each lot? So they really made like 100?

In short, the answer is no... you can't break an inspectoin lot into smaller inspection lots.

If you can describe your issue a little better, maybe we can give you some ideas.

Craig