cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help in WD ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

how can i give the F4 help in a input field in WD ABAP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are different ways of doing this F4 in input field depending on your requirements.

this is nothig but creating input help. So it depend on the property input help mode of your attribute with whome input field is bound.

There are basically four types of input help mode

1-automatic

2-Dictionary search help

3-Object Value Selector

4-Free programming.

The simplest way will be automatic where,

If you already have a search help for that data and then you can assosiate that with a data element and create the attribute with type of this data element and use automatic value for input help mode property for that attribute. F4 option with those values will automatically come.

Similarly othres have there own significance and lots of posts you can find for them.

so tell me your requirement so that i can suggest you for which method you should go.

regards

panky

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i wants for the automatic input help mode.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I would suggest to use an OVS as it forms the best form of input helps, amongst the choices that you have. Here not only you can decide what data you want to be listed but also you can have a search functionality for the same.

The use of the same is quite simple too. Just some additional coding, but thats fine when you consider the outcome.

Steps if you are interested.

1. Make a component reuse of wdr_ovs in your component.

2 Change the help mode of the attribute you want to OVS, give the name similar to the one used while naming for component reuse.

3. Define an event handler, with even as ovs and controller as interfacecontroller.

4. Write the code for getting the list of data and for binding it to the attribute.

Best Regards,

Rajesh K Soman

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Pankaj,

>

> I would suggest to use an OVS as it forms the best form of input helps, amongst the choices that you have. Here not only you can decide what data you want to be listed but also you can have a search functionality for the same.

>

> The use of the same is quite simple too. Just some additional coding, but thats fine when you consider the outcome.

>

> Steps if you are interested.

>

> 1. Make a component reuse of wdr_ovs in your component.

> 2 Change the help mode of the attribute you want to OVS, give the name similar to the one used while naming for component reuse.

> 3. Define an event handler, with even as ovs and controller as interfacecontroller.

> 4. Write the code for getting the list of data and for binding it to the attribute.

>

> Best Regards,

> Rajesh K Soman

I would have to disagree with Pankaj. I think you will find that the Data Dictionary Search Help is generally the most used of the choices. It requires no coding on your part and there are already thousands of search helps available.

>Here not only you can decide what data you want to be listed but also you can have a search functionality for the same.

You can do exactly the same with a data dictionary search help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer to this example

wdr_f4_collective,wdr_f4_elementary.wdr_f4_settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want automatic help refer structure field for your input field.

Thanks

suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

i can not find any structure field for input field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this link

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW04S/helpdata/EN/45/19bf8c16f25d7ae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

also check this example.

wdr_test_ddic_shlp

thanks

suman