cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Single Sign On (SSO) for cProjects within Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have configured cProjects to correctly appear within Enterprise portal. The difficulty now faced is that whenever i navigate to a cProjects page for the first time (eg. tasks) it gives me the followign set of messages 😆

No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password

SSO logon not possible; browser logon ticket cannot be accepted

Choose "Logon" to continue A dialog box appears in which you can enter your user and password

No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password

and asks me for user id and password. Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to the application node in transaction SICF and double click on the Cfolder service (sap->bc->bsp->sap->cfx_rfc_ui). in the resulting popup choose error pages tab.

there system logon radiobutton should have been selected, next to it there is a button called settings , click that and in the resulting box check the following check boxes

No Toggle to HTTPS

Do not Display Warnings

Samrat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For mapping any application with EP you have to do 2 main settings:

1. first u have to create iview for that application. e.g you want to excess cproject through EP. for creating iview , the protocol, host and port which u have mentioned in a cproject link should be same while creating iview.

2. then to content administration , map users id and pasword of cproject.

hope this answer will help you.

thanks

amit

note: give points for useful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Samrat

Hello,

Thanks for respondig. I tried to access the service in the path given by you in the transaction sicf but, when i try to reach the path sap->bc->bsp->sap the system crashes and prompts me to send an email as given below :

Please search this note for this keyword 0x7C81EB33/0x5B9CE4DC:

0499555 Exceptions in SAPGUI for Windows

If the keyword isn't listed in this note, please open a call on component BC-FES-GUI with a description how to reproduce this bug. Furthermore save this email and wait until the SAPGUI support gives you an email address to send it to.

Meanwhile, please apply note 520688 to optimize the trace result.

any idea on what the cause could be?

@Vivek

Hello,

Thanks for responding. I am not able to find the personalization link. do i need to add a role for this purpose?

Edited by: mazin mahmood on Jul 30, 2008 12:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazin,

For your first error you may need to check your SAP GUI installation for the same. We have faced similar issues.

And with respect to the personalization link, I'd recommend you to talk to the Portal Administrators about the same. They will guide you for the personalization and SSO related activities.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazin,

Since you have your cProjects application over Enterprise portal, you may need to perform user mapping between the user id of the Enterprise Portal and the user id for cProjects.

You can do the same in the 'Personalization' link at the top right corner of the EP Screen.

For accessing cProjects, you would need to login through you R/3 password - the password for EP would be different.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey