MM-Account assignment in SPRO
can anybody explain me about the account asignment category in MM..
1.What is the significance of account assignment category in MM
2.What are the SPRO activities we have do for the same
Pankaj Singh replied
Account assignment category: - A key indicating whether an item is to be assigned to an auxiliary account (such as a cost center). The account assignment category determines which account assignment details are required for the item (for example, cost center or account number).
SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Account Assignment > Maintain Account Assignment Categories
1. Check the attributes of the account assignment categories
2. Maintain the account assignment categories to suit your requirements
SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Account Assignment > Define Combination of Item Categories/Account Assignment Categories > If you have created new account categories, you maintain the combinations for the item categories here.
SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Account Assignment > Set Subscreen for Account Assignment (Coding) Block
1. Check whether the standard SAP subscreens meet all your requirements.
2. Create new subscreens if necessary.
3. If necessary, change the priority or the active indicator for the preset subscreens.
SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Account Assignment > Assign Default Values for Asset Class > In this step, you can specify a default asset class for each material group. If you then order a material from the material group and create an asset for the purchase order, the system will insert this default value.