cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS problem ( import status - import runnig does not change)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While Transporting request in our production server the status of request from import running (truck sign) does not change.

But the effect of the request is seen in the production but status does not change.

we are mounting developement servers /usr/sap/trans using nfs in both quality and production.

while in quality everything is fine. but only in production we are finding this problem

SAP ECC 6.0

Kindly guide me.

Thanks,

chandresh Pranami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandresh,

I too faced this problem, this happens when there is RFC or network problem. u can check all the requests which r in progress in TMSTLOCKR (TMS TP: Lock Table for Individual Imports) table. go to se16--> in table name field type TMSTLOCKR click enter and execute, u can see all the requests which r in progress here. if no requests r in progress u can see the request whose status is still running in ur case.

To change the status goto se14--> give the obj.name as TMSTLOCKR click on edit button. at the bottom u can see save data and delete data, check delete data and click activate and adjust database button. for this the client should be open. this will clear the entry in the table and now the status will be changed, now u need to transport the request again to prd system...........

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check if the Job RDDIMPDP is running, if not schedule the job by using RDDNEWPP.

Also Check the File system /usr/sap/trans.

make sure no issue with background process and jobs.

Regards

deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello santosh,

I just activate and adjust database in se14 on TMSTLOCKR .

After that i restarted the sever.

Now everything works fine.

Thanks to all.

Regards,

Chandresh Pranami

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz follow the santosh sankara answer. this answer is correct i have done this earliar..

0 Kudos

If you are on a newer release - use the table "TMSTLOCKNR" (tried this on NW7.40 / ERP6.07)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check all the STMS RFC's if it works fine

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add to buffer is completed ..however there is one warning with background job.

Check fo rthe RDD job is scheduled or not.

One should be running in client 000 job is RDDIMPDP Other one is RDDIMPDP_Client_xxx which ever client you are trying to import this transport.

Check it in SM37 if you can find these jobs are in running state or nor.(Also check for the after event as * ) .

And also at os level in /usr/sap/trans/tmp we should be able to see the log for the running import check if you can find anything...?

Check for any errors reported in SM21..also ..

As well as as Juan said you can in Transport logs.

If all these things are fine we need to look for more like the objects in the TR are locked in other transports etc.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In import monitor the status shown is

ADD TO BUFFER <SID>REQNO finished with return code 0

and in tp system log is showing that,

WARNING: System <SID> Warning. 20080728162247 :

WARNING: Background job not running properly. Function: V Jobcount: 17423000 Status: Y.

Thanks,

chandresh Pranami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this issue has been resolved by now.The issue was there was no background work process to run the job RDDIMPDP at that perticular time.

Sometimes the truck icon show even after the import has been completed successfully as happened with me.For me the truck sign was showing for one month. You check once whether the transport is completed or not.

Regards

Ashok

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Import monitor at STMS to see the status of your transport, also check the tp system log for errors

Regards

Juan