cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between conditions in design and configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

While designing my mapping (file to JDBC) , i've created statement conditions (i.e., if the field xxx = aaa, create this JDBC statement).

I've noticed that I could also add conditions in configuration for the receiver determination, I added the exact same condition.

Could you pls tell me what is the difference between the two? Is one of them unnecessary?

Regards,

Jamal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Receiver Determinations,

based on payload, u can insert data in multiple Seperate database...

but it is not possible in your mapping

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, it is pretty much clearer now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

These are two different things.

Conditions in design are basically used for mapping. These are segment level and field level conditions. With their use you can perform the mapping and make the output as you want or as target structure expects.

Conditions in the configuration are different. They are basically used to select the proper flow.

e.g. If you are want to call different mapping for different customers and you will only come to know about customers based upon source payload field you can put a condition in the configuration which will leads to the corrent flow.

Regards,

Shri.

<removed by moderator>

Edited by: Mike Pokraka on Jul 28, 2008 5:05 PM

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Condition at the Receiver Determination level is for routing of the message to the various receiver.

The Condition at the mapping level is for generating the target structure based on the condition.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The difference is, if you put a condition at receiver determination then if the condition get failed it will not be processed further but putting a condition in mapping means your data has passed Receiver Determination & Interface Determination steps. So this means you can avoid these steps by putting a conditons at RD.

But it depends upon case to case where to put the conditons. In your case if you don't want to process your file/data at all (if the values in the data are not correct) put conditions at RD.