cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am doing project on XI.and learning XI.In my java application for one module i am having 14 data base tables.I need to integrate that Java module into SAP using XI.In my outbound system Do I need to define Data type and message type and MI for all those fields or seperately for each table i need to develope the process.The java application fields are very large in size and field names also very large do mu outbound system accept that much of lengthy fields?Do i need to develope the entire process by mentioning all tha table fields at a time in my outbound system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do I need to define Data type and message type and MI for all those fields or seperately for each table

In XI U have to create Data Type for each table which u want to Integrate with SAP.

& then create Message Type from Data Type.... & then Outbound Message Interface from Message Type.

Fieldnames in Data Type should match exactly with field names in data base table.

Also u should follow one structure for created Source data type.

Check this :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/jdbcTOJDBC

Thanks,

Mahi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Better Approch is to pick the table entries from your JAVA Application and Expose the JAVA application as Webservice.Then this JAVA application is able to send the retrieved data to XI.

So now in XI Just create the Data type structure by referencing the database fields

thats all

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One Data Type, Message Type, Message Interface will do. I think the length of the fields are depends on your target fields length (If its SAP, then SAP table fields length), if itu2019s more than the target field length then you will get an error.

Regards,

Venu V

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If ur java application is picking up the data from all the 14 tables and can send the data to XI, then u will have to create only one datatype in XI mentioning all the fields retrieved by the java application.

The java application fields are very large in size and field names also very large

What is the exact length of the longest fieldname?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

only one datatype is enough for all database tables...