cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Performance Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have Visual Composer iviews ...which are Models created using BW queries to display KPIsin a single page in portal.when we are executing this iviews by entering the values in input fields ...the time taken for the first time for the data to be displayed in the page ( in tables and graphs) is between 1 to 2 minutes...

But when the same iview is executed for the 2nd and 3rd time or next time( with either same input values or different input values) ....the results displayed in the portal page in around 15 seconds.....

Can any one help me to improve performance in this pages or iviews...?

is there any setting that i need to do at iview level or page level or server level....?

I believe there should be something in server ....regarding caching which optimises the performance of portal iviews?

Any help will be rewarded with points..

Thanks

P.Navakanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How much heap memory is allocated for server node.

Please refer to the oss note 723909 for portal tuning.

It will in solving your problem.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my understanding. We also had this issue ( I would not say issue) on sever of all our applications when we launch for the first time. What happens is that when u launch for the first, Server node has to do lot of combilation for the objects and keeep it in memory. thats why when u invoke the same stuff again, it will much faster than before.

Hope this help little bit unless if someone gives better reason for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We also face the same scenario, after we restart the system it takes 1-2 min for the report to display and the next time 15 to 20 sec.

We had a go-live optimization , and the memory parameters are performance tuned.

I agree with Rkandy's explanation

Regards

Kaleem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check by increasing - Maximal Pool Size : of webdynpro jco rfc

Samrat