cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two NWDI systemes in one landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to have two NWDI systems in one landscape (sharing same SLD) and do track forwarding between these two NWDI systems?

The reason I want to do this is that I want to move the NWDI system to another platform. To avoid a big bang situation I would like for the developers to be able to "forward" the code from one server to the other as they like (over time).

Do any of you have eny experience in this area?

Thanks.

Regards

Paw Iversen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As you said, it is possible to have two NWDI system refering to single SLD. and you can maintain transport connections between two tracks also.

But i dont understand your purpose and exact requirment.

your big bang situation? and developers to be able to "forward" the code from one server to the other as they like ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thanks for your quick reply.

Our situation is that we have a existing NWDI system connected to one SLD. We would like to install a second NWDI system connected to the same SLD. We would then like to close down the "old" NWDI system. But in order to save the development components from old SLD we need some form of transport to the "new" NWDI system. A possible solution I thought of could be to create new tracks in the "new" NWDI and forward the existing SCs from the "old" NWDI system to the "new" NWDI system.

The reason we want to do this is because we would like to move the old NWDI system to a new platform without doing a system copy.

My question is then if its possible to make this kind of forwarding between two NWDI systems (connected to the same SLD to share component information).

Best regards

Paw Iversen

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Paw,

check this thread it shows how to move a NWDI track using transport connection

or else check this one, it shows another method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Thanks again.

I understand the track connection part, but did you manually move the .sca file from one NWDI server to the other or did you set up track connection?

Just to clarify. Is it possible to use track connection between two tracks located on two different nwdi servers?

Regards

Paw Iveren

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes i moved .sca file manually from one server to other.

i dont understand

Is it possible to use track connection between two tracks?

if you are asking about transport connection then yes.. you can do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I mean between two tracks, one on each og the two different NWDI servers. The problem is that i have two NWDI servers (not two runtime systems in one track) in my landscape and want to forward all development components to the "new" NWDI and remove the "old" NWDI afterwards. So I end up with only one NWDI system in my landscape.

Regards

Paw Iversen

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes you can create coonection between two diff tracks on diff NWDI servers.

I gave you two solution try them.

But remove your old NWDI only when you are sure that your new NWDI is working as per your conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

I will try your solution.

Regards

Paw Iversen

Answers (0)