cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust catalog item sequence in CCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody know how to adjust catalog item sequence in CCM?

My user requested to put certain items to the top of the item list of the product category. I tried to put these items to be first items in my upload file, but when I opened the catalog from SRM, few items are on top, but some other items were moved to end of the item list. I have no idea what may impact this sequence...

Thanks and Regards,

Elly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elly,

is this about the sort order in the search results?

if so you could add a custom field to the catalogue into which you could put the priority that they should be returned in the search results, i.e. 1 most important, 9 least. The user could then sort the results by this field.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I think I didn't make it clear in my origional question. I was talking about the order of items if users click through category hierarchy, but not search result.

But your answer gave me some hint, maybe future I can do some enhancement for search...

Best Regards,

Elly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

There is non requirement for enachement , just in the CSV file for upload specify the sequence number in the coloumn # Item Valuation , it will be displayed in that sequence in the CCM catalog.

Award points if useful.

Cheers,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Thanks for your reply.

In the CSV file for upload, I did specify the sequence number in the coloumn # Item Valuation, but when I check the items from SRM, it's now displaying following the sequence number I defined in the file. Is there anything else which will impact this order of items?

Thanks,

Elly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elly,

The sequence specified from the file will be default sequence in the catalog.

The items can further be sorted by the user when they acess catalog.

Hopw this helps.

Cheers,

Sid

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like the sequence I specified in the upload file does not work as default item sequence that end users can see...

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Elly