cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can MDM aviod inputting the same image?

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I input the picture that already exist in the repository,though the two picture have exactly same property,I can also input it in DataManager.

Can i change some configuration in repository to aviod inputting the same image?

Or other solution for this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

I am trying...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnson,

According to me this feature is not available in current versions of MDM and you cannot make any field in Image table unique and when you import the same image it automatically appends the _no in the code field.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonson,

to my knowledge MDM does't have a mechanism to avoid importing duplicate images. What it does is to import the same image with the same name but the code iwill be different - imagecode_1 instead of imagecode.

As a workaround you can import all the images and then select all images whose code ends in "_1" and delete them.

It's not pretty, but it helps.

Another workaround ist to export the Images from MDM and coppy/override the duplicates in Windows Explorer (copy/override - the overriden images will stay selected and you can delete them) - It is time consuming but it works also.

If you find a better way to tangle the problem, please share it, because I find both workarounds not really pretty.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply.

But the only configuration I can change is if the image field is required or writable once. I can't change other property to the image field and also i can't change anything for the image table.

So what can i do for this problem?

And if MDM can aviod inputting the same image?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnson,

Just a work around.

Try to put a unique constraint on the image table.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz