cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on generating web pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts:

I am trying to generate one web page through office front page.

there I selected one query template and related display template(grid). Here I am trying to generated web page, but i am getting one error like "Igrid" class file is not find in archive Illum8.zip file.

Could you please explain me where I did mistake in this scenario.

One more scenario is, I generated same one dynamic generated page using the above same query template and same display template, here I am getting display but when i save this page in certain location. from there I am not getting the same dispaly but the error is same as above (error like "Igrid" class file is not find in archive Illum8.zip file.

).

Regards,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Check, if you should publish the webpage?

Good luck,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to be thorough, are you putting the pages on a web server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am just throughing, not to web server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note that the Code property in applet tag is case sensitive.

Make sure code="iGrid" instead of code="Igrid"

Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rupesh:

I give "IGrid" only, not Igrid. in the out put is showing on "x" on top of left side with red colour. When I right click on that is showing error. It's class file "IGrid" could not reach.

Do I required any add ons to get the out put for this?

Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go through the following thread:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=14544887&messageID=5716022

Also make sure that to your user, you have assigned Administrative Role.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

its not IGrid but iGrid Note i is in small case...

just check once..:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to generate the applet by using Dynamic Page Generator instead of front page?

If you are able to generate by using Dynamic Page Generator ,then please check the applet code correctly in your front page.I think you are missing ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" in your applet code.

<APPLET NAME="Appletname" CODEBASE="/Illuminator/Classes" CODE="iChart" ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" WIDTH="800" HEIGHT="400" MAYSCRIPT>

<PARAM NAME="QueryTemplate" VALUE="FillingArea/SampleQuery">

<PARAM NAME="DisplayTemplate" VALUE="FillingArea/SampleChart">

</APPLET>

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manisha:

I am giving same code, What I generated in dynamic page generations. But I didn't get the out put. it's saying IGrid is not finding in class file. like that error is coming in office front page.

Could you please guide me how I can put two dynamic generate pages into one web page. what is the process I could follow. In my scenario is putting one chat report and one Grid report in one web page. you Please guide me on this situtaion also.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You can put no of dynamic generate pages into one web page.For your case one is chart and another one is grid.

First you generate dynamic page for chart and copy the source code and put in the web page under body tab.Then you generate dynamic page for Grid and copy the source code and paste it in the web page under body tab.

For e.g.

<body>

<APPLET NAME="TrendChart" CODEBASE="/Illuminator/Classes" CODE="iChart" ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" WIDTH="800" HEIGHT="400" MAYSCRIPT>

<PARAM NAME="DisplayTemplate" VALUE="FillingArea/SampleChart">

</APPLET>

<APPLET NAME="GridApplet" CODEBASE="/Illuminator/Classes" CODE="iGrid" ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" WIDTH="800" HEIGHT="400" MAYSCRIPT>

<PARAM NAME="DisplayTemplate" VALUE="FillingArea/SampleGrid">

</APPLET>

</body>

Thanks,

manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You check the java console of that page.What error it is throwing?

Thanks,

manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish:

I am getting this error. plese see below.

load: class iGrid not found.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: iGrid

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The applet tags (CODEBASE etc..) are relative. Your error is because the browser cant find and download the applet classes specified. You need to put your files on the web server and access them that way for the applets to work.

You may be able to alter the paths to be absolute but i have never tried this.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Absolute paths don't seen to work neither.

I guess the only place an MII applet can live is on MII Web Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolute Path may work only when authentication is provided,

May be we can add params for UserName and password in the applet Tag..

Give a try.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think absolute paths should not be used for codebase as for every web/app server there is a default path where from relative path are defined. We should leave it to MII for handling

Gopal,

Lets get back to basics. I am sure you would have done it this way, still please check if the following was done -

1. Html/code is placed in appropriate folder under 'Illuminator/wwwroot" on MII server.

2. MII service is up and running.

3. You are logged-in to MII console.

4. Opened the html page under the same session, by clicking File->New->Window from the logged in page of MII and type in the path of your page there e.g. http://<servername>/<file_path>/<file_name>; .

Your code runs fine on dynamic page generator becuase you are logged in to an MII session, where as here you might be trying to open it outside that session. Hopefully, if the above 4 points are taken care, it should work.

Still if you face the same issue, please provide us more details, i.e. the applet code sample, etc.