cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Split comes first to Mapping !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Can anyone kindly tell me the exact reason as why the Message Split come first before Mapping in the pipeline steps of Integration sever. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there may be multiple receivers...

split the message to as many number of receivers...

then map the respective message to respective receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that the only reason Raghu ? Thank you for answering.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is for standard XI pipeline implementation:

look at this scenario:

In multimapping Splits a message into multiple messages message and need to map corresponding message mapping program.

Pipeline step:

Message Split --->Request Message Mapping ->Technical Routing.->Call Adapter

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya...that is only one reason..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu, for straight and perfect answer.

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At runtime, the individual messages (for the individual items) are calculated in the mapping step. First, the individual messages are grouped into a bulk message. Then, the bulk message is transferred to the Adapter Engine. The Adapter Engine then splits the bulk message up into the individual messages

The header of the individual messages contains the relevant receiver interface. It is based on the definition of the multi-mapping. Note that the receiver interfaces of the individual messages may be different. The receiver interface of the bulk message is always InterfaceCollection (namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System).

If the message split only results in one message, the original message structure remains the same. In this case, a bulk message containing just one individual message is not created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

In this case, a bulk message containing just one individual message is not created.

Can you please explain on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

That bulk messaging is not relevant for you it's split on adapter engine. Ragu gave you a correct answer. First there is a check who is receiver and later for each receiver you can have different interface and message mappings.

/wg

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the message split only results in one message, the original message structure remains the same. In this case, a bulk message containing just one individual message is not created.

When you use multimapping there will be more than one message and so the InterfaceCollection interface comes into play.

But when multimapping is not used , or the target has only one interface present then the bulk message will not be created and the interface structure will remain the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wojciech Gasiorowski , I believe you are true. Raghu has put it in simple and perfect line. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Slightly confused but got your point now. Thank you.

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My intention was neither to confuse you nor to score points.

It was rather to help you out.

I am extrememly sorry for confusing you out there!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to say that I got confused, but I am learning and my knowledge is at ground zero. So it was my problem not being able to get your point. When you said it wouldn't create a one big structure, I thought we are helpless to use BPM's and I have very less knowledge in BPM's. Hence the confusion. Anyway I apologise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi krishna

First we need to identify the target structure in which the reciver system will receive,so before the message mapping we need to identify the target structure format....so we split the message first and do the mapping

regards

kummari