cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap gui on wireless router

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day!

We experience being logged out of SAP GUI (java version) after being idle for certain time when connected on a wireless router. Users connected on cable do not experience this. Also the value of rdisp/gui_auto_logout from RZ10 tcode is 0, meaning no automatic logoff.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

- rayel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rayel,

Are you sure that the wireless connection isn't causing this...what I mean is the connection just drops off for a couple of seconds causing the disruption. I too am connecting to SAP via the GUI over a wireless connection and I dont have any issues with the same.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

Thank you for your reply.

SAP GUI only drop its connection if it is idle for more than 5 minutes. Other applications connected to the router doesn't experience that. Maybe there are SAP settings needed to be considered in the router settings. I've read something about firewalls before but both wireless and cable uses the same firewall and SAP GUI connected on cable aren't logged off when idle.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rayel,

In your system logs(SM21) do you see messages like "Connection to user .., terminal .. lost" when you lose a connection ? If this is the case then the problem is either network, firewall or your router. Perhaps your "other" applications do not timeout because they have a continuous stream of data whereas SAPgui doesn't ? I would check the configuration on the wireless router and look for any settings that relate to the 5 minute timeout. You may also have a "keepalive" setting on the router which you can enable which will solve your problem.

On the SAP side I have experienced issues with gateway connections and our firewall in the past and had to adjust gw/so_keepalive and gw/close_routes but these parameters are more for RFC connections which your SAPgui also uses. Perhaps you can try enabling the gw/so_keepalive to see if it will help but I don't think the issue is on SAP to be honest.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nelis,

I do not see any message you mention on SM21. We'll try to look on anything related to connection timeout or keepalive on the router settings as you suggested. I'll be posting the result after.

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Regards,

Rayel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update.

Our wireless router uses NAT, so when dispatcher sends a ping check to SAP GUI, if does not receive any reply. I deactivated rdisp/keepalive parameter so it will not send any ping check anymore. This solves our gui disconnection problem.

Answers (0)