cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your system definition and user privileges

Former Member
0 Kudos

My EP6 version is 6.2.0.34.200507121034. I've installed Visual Composer 6.00.0060. When I connect to EP - I get the list of system in EP, but when I put the BAPI name in the Name field and search, I get the error "Search returned an error. Failed to connect to backend system. Check your system definition and user privileges."

Thanks,

Pratik H. Thakkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

It is a genuin problem. Just tell your Portal Administrator to give the userid (which you are using to log in to the portal from VC) the full authority for the alias you want to access from VC, as it is the portal administrator who has the rights to give access to various portal users. In the portal, the administrator can give a user the access to an alias by selecting that alias and change the required property.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deep,

I am connecting using the portal administrator login id. Can you guide how to give the rights for System alias to a user.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under the system administaration tab -> permissions See the help documentation for exactly what all of the different options are.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Try the following flow to get the required document:-

help.sap.com->SAP Netweaver->SAP Netweaver 2004->people integration->portal->Administration Guide->System Administration->Permission,Role/User........

Check out the given help document, I hope it will help you in solving your problem.

Thanks in advance,

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have found that the problem is not in Visual Composer but actually I am not able to create SAP Connector iView in EP itself using Admin login. It gives the error:

"Error connecting to backend application. Check your system and user mapping settings. Contact your system administrator if problem persists."

I performed System Testing for the SAP Transaction "VA01" in the Support tab=>SAP Application=>SAP Transaction using SAP GUI for HTML. It runs successfully but it does not run successfully for SAP GUI for JAVA.

Thanks,

Pratik Thakkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

I am facing the same problem. Can you guide me how you solve this problem .....

Looking forward for a positive response..

Regards,

Kuldeep Joshi