cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location during CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a question relating to my previous [post|;.

When we assign storage location to a material and CIF the BOm and routings to APO to create PPM, does the storage location gets CIFed? I understand that it creates a PPDS PPM and then we convert it to a SNP PPM. Does the Storage location gets carried forward to SNP PPM? or do we need to assign it manually?

At the end of the post, there was a discussion between Kenneth Snyder and Prabhurudhrasamy about maintaining the storage location at component level in BOM.

Can somebody please give me more details on this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I,m not sure wheather there is some BADI or userexit to taking care of this functionality but as of now we need to maitain manually at SNP PPM,If its PDS then this will automatically populate the value when you CIF from R/3.

Regards,

Prabhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CIF will populate the storage location in the PP/DS PPM.

And PPM_CONV_310 will also create a SNP PPM with storage location populated.

We are on v5.0.

What exactly is the issue?

Is your PP/DS PPM getting the storage location populated but the SNP PPM isn't?

How are you creating the SNP PPM?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I am not sure how the PPM were created but in our system, all the PPDs PPMs have storage location assigned but none of the the SNP ones have nothing.

we are on V5 too but not sure if they were created in V5 or before that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you maitain the storage location at component level in BOM,this will taken care by CIF while creating PPDS PPM at APO ,if you convert PPDS PPM to SNP PPM,the storage location field will not populate in SNP PPM,the storage location field should be maintained manually in SNP PPM,otherwise this will create error in delta (error no.171 -deifference in content).

Do let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way we can automatically have th system populate the storage location in SNP PPM? or is it always maintained manually?