cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg the email submit button in the adobe designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Is it possible to send a pdf file instead of the xml file to the given mail id in the properties of the email submit button of the adobe designer.I am trying to send the filled travel request form to the given id.But it sends the form data in xml format.I would like to know if the form itself can be sent to the id.

regards,

Uma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Umadevi,

yes this is possible as long as the PDF has "Reader Rights" which are added automatically when you generate the PDF with the Adobe Document Services in Web AS.

To do it drag the generic "Button" Objects into the form. Select the control type "Submit". Go to the submit property tab. Select PDF as the Submit Format.

In the "Submit to URL" field enter "mailto: xxx@xxx.xx".

Remember if you do preview this will only work with Adobe Acrobat and not with Adobe Reader. However if you generate the PDF on the server it will work with Adobe Reader.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zellar,

I had tried what you have told.But I am getting an error which says" Unable to lacate template in file".What should I do about this error?

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

When do you get the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get this error when I try opening the Adobe designer form that is attached to the mail.

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create the PDF by saving from Designer? As I mentioned above, you will need to generate the PDF form on the server. On the server the form template from Designer is merged with data from the Web Dynpro context and a PDF with Reader Rights is generated using the Adobe Document Services. You can then email that PDF to the user. Here are some tutorials: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-de1...

Cheers,

Matthias