cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FG SFG MRP Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

PPPI: If MRP Run is executed for FG (Single Item Multilevel), it produces Planned Orders for FG and SFG. My problem is, the scheduling for FG and SFG. Ideally, we need to produce SFG first, before the production of FG can start. But the MRP run produced planned orders for FG and SFG that start on the same date and time. any clarifications/suggestions for the set up?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPU5 - Define scheduling parameters for planned orders, select your plant, Order type * scheduler (*).

In this select Adjust scheduling - Adjust basic dates & dep requirement to operation dates.

Now rerun MRP with Delete & recreate planning mode.

Check the result in the 3rd tab page of planned order change mode.

Note: For FG & SFG maintain machining time as high. Scheduling should not complete within a day. Maintain requirement qty also as high.

Regards,

Dharma

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Please check the Inhouse production days defination in the material master MRP view. Also Schedule margin key would also Influence the dates. I think in your case the Inhouse production days for FG and SFG are "0" and schedule margin key is 000.

Based on the above criteria, system would calcuate the Basic Start dates for the FG and SFG.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So what do i need to change/set up so that when i run MRP at FG level, it will schedule the SFG first making it available before the production date of the FG?

Thanks again.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If you plan at SFG level in demand management (MD61) and run MRP (MD02) also on semi-finished level then it is possible. After that you can plan for finish product separately.

Hope it will work for you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar