cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For maximum data security delete the setting(s) as soon as possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I have installed SAPGUI 7.10, and I got the following error, and then the whole sapgui logon page will be disappeared.

"Environment information: working directory '.'

trace level 3 activated

logging activated

For maximum data security delete the setting(s) as soon as possible.

May I know where should I delete the setting?

Many Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got this error when i try.

possible formats of connection parameters :

1, specify host, ie host name or ip addr and sys number

blah blah

2. specify the complete connect string ,

I have install and uninstall many times, trying with older version 6.4, and still problem remains the same.

what do you think the problem lies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't understand that means : "the whole saplogon selection menu disappear" ...

Can you show screenshots? Try to delete the entery about your ECC server and add "new" ?

Try to check the traces in SAPWORKDIR folder. Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

saplogon selection menu is a list of menu that contents the whole list of SAP components, you click on the ERP central Components, then it will link you to the login page. But for my case, when I click on the components, there is nothing come out, and the selection menu will be closed itself.

Can you let me know what entry that you want me to delete and add?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i can understand you , you say about "Systems" tab in saplogon where are many "systems" (not SAP components). First check in "Options" (where you deactivate the Traces) unselect the "Disable systems edit functions." After this select your System and press on "Change Item" if you use "dedicated AS" you will see the IP (or hostname) of server (your ECC) server. are is correct ? Try to creat New entery with same Ip or host name by pressing in SAP logon "User-Defined". In any case "he selection menu will be closed itself." not looks good, find in your user home directory the SAPWORKDIR folder and check the traces. Also check in your OS "event log" --> Rigth click on MY Computer --> manage --> Event viewer. Are you see any errors (check TIME and DATE) ? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my computer > manage > events > application >

i saw many errors on the following. Any idea?

wuaueng.dll (4260) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have tried to add user-defined, but to no use. Host name, system id is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

wuaueng.dll is a module belonging to Microsoft Wnidows Update. It likely does not concern to SAP GUI directly...

Are you check the Traces IN SAPWORKDIR folder ? Try to deactivate the Antivirus and firewall for testing.

Are you have other PC for testing? if yes try install on it from this "GUI SOFTWARE" files, may be it are corrupted. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is my trace file contents. Did you see anything?

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dftqgtbg_33chvsbr4j

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm ... Is data from "sapni_XXXX.trc" file ? I cant see any error......

Try to check traces , after you deactivate the "Tracing" in SAP GUI.

After you press "LOG ON" button you say the "my saplogon screen disappear with no error prompted"

it's SHUTDOWN ? Check the icon are in TRAY or not, if yes press on them "rigth mouse click",that you see? Also check in "Task manager" are "SAPLOGON.exe" or not ? Regards.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

Looks to me like you have activated a trace. On your Logon pad, click on the icon on the top left(next to SAP Logon 710) and go to "Options..". Make sure at the bottom "Activate SAP GUI trace level" is not checked.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Try to install latest patch. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but the same problem persists.

any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your case the TRACE option are activated manyally. For disable it, open the Saplogon ,press on top left square --> Options --> Under "SAP GUI start options" unselect the "Activate SAP GUI trace level" . Restart your saplogon. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purpose of activate the trace is to capture the error, but anyhow i have already unactivated the trace option, my saplogon screen disappear with no error prompted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now it works fine or not ? If yes close the thread if no, say in that a problem. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. The problem is still there, I cant login to ECC, the moment that I click on ECC, the whole saplogon selection menu disappear.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error you posted and your subject is related to the trace being activated.

Sounds to me something went wrong during the install and your software is corrupt. If you goto -> Start -> Run -> type 'sapgui <eccserverhost> <sys number>' and enter, can you connect this way ?

Nelis