cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent change in username/password in Comm. Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are integrating SAP with several non-SAP systems using XI. Due to the security policy in this Company, the username and passwords of the non-SAP systems get reset every month. So there is a need to incorporate this change in the Communication channels in XI. As such we have one communication channel per interface and that itself will amount to around 200 Communication channels. So changing all these channels every month is a tedious process. Is there any other easier way to incorporate the change in username and password in the channels. We are mainly using File adapters for non-SAP systems. Would appreciate a quick response with points.

regards,

Madhavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhavan,

Have you been able to come up with a solution yet? We have an identical problem. I suspect that the passwords are stored in some table somewhere and that there is a functional call to update the password. All we have to do is write a program to update that unknown table.... I hope you have some wisdom to share.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavan,

As far as I can recall, I think that an easier way to incorporate the change which has been used is by writing a script for the adapter. But I dont think this will work with XI.

thanks,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavan,

You can try this too..Hope you find it useful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5f/fefcafc25b49869b4e97b3e9b8d0e4/content.htm

regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This link is for Portals and no XI.

regards,

Madhavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavan

Please go thru this pdf... Guess you will find it useful

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3cae2f4d-0701-0010-ccae-e84...

thanks and regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

The PDF that you have sent is about security measures in general and is not specific to my query on XI Communication channels.

regards,

Madhavan