Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about material not managed in WM again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

The question is that:

Material A has created WM View in material master data, when GR to storage location B, it will trigger subsequent WM action

But now, for some reason, I do not want to manage this material A in WM, when GR to storage location B, I need system to output a error message to tell user the material A can not be GR to a storage location under WM.

I try to flag deletion for material's warehouse data in MM06, but it doesn't work...

Would anyone help with this question?

Thanks a lot

Sean.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all: if your SLoc is assigned to a WH, the goods should managed in WH as well. If you are trying to manage your goods only in SLoc I think you're likely to do SERIOUS MISTAKE. There will be inconsistency between IM and WM...

What is your reason to eliminate WM concerning this material? I

You can use material status (Basic Data1 > cross plant material status or MRP1 > plant specific material status; config SPRO > Logistics - General > Material Master > Settings for Key Fields > Define Material Statuses) - I'm not sure this will help.

Did you set error message for DF at WH level?

If you archive the material master and recreate it w/o WM view you can achieve your goal.

But I think you should handle your material in WM as well if SLoc is assigne to WH!!!!!!!

BR

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 28, 2008 8:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba Szommer , Thanks for your reply

The reason that I don't want to manage the material in WM again is, a big drop quantity for this material is occur now, so the material is not need to managed in WM again, it will be managed in another SL, but there is no warning/error message when I GR to the WM SL.

Unfortunatly, it does not work using material status when GR with MIGO, I tested. But thanks anyaway~

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this: set DF for your material at SLoc level (for the WM managed SLoc) and set the warning message to error message. DF at WM level won't help I think because when you do GR you starts with IM and WM comes after that.

(Another solution is to archive the material master and recreate it with proper views)

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Csaba Szommer

That's really an effective solution, and meet my requirement

I just think about how to do it in Whs# level, forget to think about in another way, just like SL level, hehe

Besides, where can I set the error message for DF at SL or WH level? I do not find the customizing way, I have checked OMT4 where no message for this.

The message of DF for SL level is: "Message no. M7127", is a warning message defaultly.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

M7 127 is the message you have to set (OMCQ) - you have toset it from warning to error. I marked a material with DF at SLoc level and I was not able to do SLoc-Sloc transfer.

Hopefully it work for you.

Of course, you have to think over whether this message setting won't have effect on otther process.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get it, thanks Csaba Szommer

And thanks Frenchy the same

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sean

I am not sure we understand each other.

You will not get a warning message when you goods receipt because at this stage there is nothing wrong. Basically as long as you receive in to a WM managed SLoc then why should you get an error. Even if you could delete the WM views the error would be that ther material is not maintained in warehouse XXX. Receive in to a different st location with no link to WM and it will be fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frenchy

I know exactly what you mean, the material will not GR to the WM SL again in my process, but sometimes, the user may GR to the WM SL by mistake. In this case, I want system output an error message just like the material does not create the WM view.

I try to flag deletion for material's WM view, but it doesn't work.

That's the point, and that's what I want. Do u get me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As long as the Storage Location is assigned to a Warehouse in the IMG then ANY materials that you receipt in to that st location will be warehouse managed and the only error message you will get is if your material does not have WM views. If you do not want to warehouse manage a material then you need a seperate st loc that is not linked to a warehouse. You cannot create the link from Plant to Sloc to WH and then decide which materials you want to wm manage in this sloc

I hope that this helps