Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transactions OAV8 and OAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change the transactions OAV8 and OAVA without a transport request. The client is 'not modifiable' and for these transactions the system displays error message: Client &1 has status 'not modifiable'; i need to open the transactions, that the system allow me to make change although the client will be 'not modifiable'. I looked for notes about these transactions but i couldn't find any note about it. Also I search in SAP help and others source but the documentation about these transaction is very poor. I changed the transaction OB52 deactivating the transport link to the object V_T001B because i was in a test system, but in this case this solution doesn't apply because the transactions OAV8 and OAVA are closed in the test system and in the productive system too. My system is SAP Netweaver release 7.00

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of your options are:

- Reconsider the choice of transaction.

- Change the delivery class on the table.

- Activate the "current settings" for the other views in transaction SOBJ.

Regarding your choice of transaction and reason for it, there is also an option to add additional checks to the views if I remember correctly.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for your help. You know which is the table or the view for these transations? (OAVA and OAV8)

0 Kudos

>

> Hello, thanks for your help. You know which is the table or the view for these transations? (OAVA and OAV8)

I recommend that you find yourself an ABAPer and/or a functional person to assist you with doing this.

I took a brief look at the transaction OAVA earlier. From what I remember, tell them to look for the CASE SY-TCODE in the report. The WHEN statement will point them to the view used in the maintenance call.

Hope that helps,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello. I active "current settings" for the views V_T087G and V_T087 on the transaction SOBJ but it don't work yet. You know any note that could help me?

0 Kudos

What do you mean by "don't work yet"?

If you are refering to a message stating:

>Client <your client> has status 'not modifiable'.

...then see SAP note 356483.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help again.

Edited by: Ivonne Garcia on Jul 28, 2008 11:10 PM