cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/sapmnt and SAPDATA folder on solaris

Former Member
0 Kudos

While the installation, we were customizing the data folder. But when we were in selecting the directory while installation for SAPDATA1 to SAPDATA4 to /usr/sap

it gets created in the folder where the installation points to SAPDATA directory folder /usr

Can I know why the difference in both the thing. In windows its very simple to specify the SAPDATA1 to SAPDATA4 folder to whatever we suggest and gets created in the same. Also there is no option of SAPDATA folder directory.

Its confusion in the installation??

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the location of the folder while editing the location..

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can select "advanced" configuration and then enter whatever directory you want the data files going to.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I had tried the same thing(advance option) where I specified the path for the SAPDATA1 to SAPDATA4 to go. But it didn't worked on those path. It actually went to the path which was given in the SAPDATA home directory.

Why it is so? In windows env. we do not have the SAPDATA home directory option.We can specify the path in the SAPDATA1 to SAPDATA4 option which comes. But why in Unix based OS, we have in the installation the SAPDATA home directory.

It means that I cannot put my SAPDATA1 in directory like /usr/sap/SMD and SAPDATA2 in /oracle/SMD in unix based OS?

Please suggest?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I had tried the same thing(advance option) where I specified the path for the SAPDATA1 to SAPDATA4 to go. But it didn't worked on those path. It actually went to the path which was given in the SAPDATA home directory.

What exactly "did not work"? I can put my data files wherever I want - even outside of /oracle or /usr/sap...

> Why it is so? In windows env. we do not have the SAPDATA home directory option.We can specify the path in the SAPDATA1 to SAPDATA4 option which comes. But why in Unix based OS, we have in the installation the SAPDATA home directory.

You need to select the correct options (Advanced Tablespace settings)

Markus