cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning : Macros -drilldown functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to use the function DRILLDOWN (DRILL_DOWN( 'characteristicu2019 , <'internal'> )and trying to drilldown to characteristic eg MARKET (to get forecast values with respect to different markets ) .How can I access the drilled down values for each markets after the execution of this macro? The drilldown is internal and it is not displayed to the user.Is there a functionality in macro or user exit macro to access the values so that I can do additional checks and give a message to the user?

Thanks & Regards,

Savitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be possible using IOBJNM_VALUE() function

Link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/f3/852d3af6ecd02ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Using DRILL_DONW and IOBJNM_VALUE() logic together though could become complex and hence it might be helpful to explore the possibility of using user exit macro referring to the BW characteristic infoobject table.(like /BIC/T<<charname technical>> table)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to run this as a background job and send messages to the user or do you want to do it interactively

if youw ant to do it in the background...

Just copy the book and run the same macro without the internal in it

you can use this book for generating the messages.

you just drill down and dont have to drill up

just make sure your users dont have access to it

Interactively, you can create a combination macro(this option appears when you create the maco) that has the following macros as the steps in sequence

1. Drill down

2. Calculation/ Checks/warning --> save this to some place that can be extracted later - for eg a table

3. Drill up

use anther macro that will then extract the table values and display or mail to users or create a program that can read the table with selections