Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO-Not working when accessing the server from out of the network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I am using EP7.0 to connect the backend system SRM4.0 by using SSO.

After logged into Portal

When i access SRM system reports from portal with in my local LAN it works fine.

Where i try to access it from outside of my network after logging into Portal , there is message prompt:

Tha page contains both Secure and Non Secure items. Do you want to display the non secure items.

If i click Yes or No also the next page it is asking for SRM username and password again.

My question is

Where is my SSO when I accessing out side of my LAN

do i need to maintain any entries in APACHE server which enables me to access the data out of my company network.

Thanks in advance...

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

when you say, you access the system from outside, does that mean you are in a different domain or similar? Or are you using VPN technology? It may be related to cross-domain SSO problems.

Kind regards,

Richard

0 Kudos

Ya richard H...

Thanks for your reply

might be the cross domains..

what is the solution for that , to have SSO in cross domain....

actually i am accessing it using datacard .....it is not working....

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

i am accessing through it internet, i mean out of local network

my internet web page name is companyname.biz, where

my servers FQDN is hostname.abcd.com

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

You seem to have asked this same question in another thread. As I posted in the other thread, the domain cookie used for the SSO2 ticket is sent to server if the URL used is in same domain, so if you access a URL myhost.companyname.biz a domain cookie will be stored in browser for companyname.biz domain, and sent to any URL which is in same domain. I think your SRM system might be accessed in different domain and not directly using <srm-host>.companyname.biz.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

> You seem to have asked this same question in another thread.

Nope. Balaji only deleted the "Re:" in "Re: SSO-Not working...." when responding

0 Kudos

Julius,

I am referring to thread titled "SSO between mycompany.biz & abc.com" on this forum.

As you can see it looks similar ?

Tim

Edited by: Tim Alsop on Jul 29, 2008 4:32 PM

0 Kudos

Thank you Tim and Julius, actualy the same problem asked by my collegue.....

Thanks again.. i will follow

0 Kudos

Hi there,

when we had this situation on projects in the past, a plugin on the webserver took care of the ticket modification for the second domain. No additional authentication process was required.

Kind regards,

Richard

0 Kudos

Hi Richard

let me know the plug in details, so i can try with that..

Thanks

0 Kudos

Dear SDN

When i change the System connection properties * related to protocol http/https to "HTTP"*

it is now working...so i wasted a lot time spending on cross domain activity....but it was not the issues....

Any way thanks all again...

Best Regards

Balaji