Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty in identifing the scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the following business scenario,

Can you please help me to identify the scenario....

1. the File has to be created in IDOC format after a payment run transaction in ECC/SAP and place it in our internal FTP sever

2. Our SAP-XI should be able to get this data from our FTP server and transfer it to EXTERNAL party SAP XI through Web (HTTPS)

3. EXTERNAL party SAP XI will recieve the file in IDOC format and sends back the acknowledgement.

FILE (IDOC) in our FTP server -> our SAP-XI---> WEB(HTTPS) -

> external SAP-XI

Acknowledgement EXTERNAL SAP-XI ---> WEB (HTTPS) ---> our SAP-XI

Also

4. External party will send the IDOC file from Thier SAP XI and We should recieve it in our SAP XI and transfer it to our SAP ECC.

FILE (IDOC) external -> EXTERNAL SAP XI> WEB(HTTPS) -

our SAP-XI -
> our ECC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ok for number one I think it would be easier and better design to simply send the IDoc from your SAP system.

This IDoc would be sent directly to the PI piepline where it would be processed and routed according to your configuration. The acknowledgement will depend on what system you are integrating with. If it is external as I believe it isw then as oppose to using the HTTP adapter you should use the SOAP adapter as this will allow you to trigger a system acknowledgement. The SOAP adapter is on the AF so this funtionality is available where as the HTTP adapter is not. Once the message arrives at the external SAP XI system then you can either have them route back an acknowledgment or you stick with just the system acknowledgement.

For your second scenario I would recommend you use the SOAP sender adapter then theh external XI system can send you directly the message. On your receiving side I would also recommend using the IDoc Receiver Adapter.

So to summarize:

1: IDOC --> SAP XI --> SOAP (System Acknowledgement) -

> External SAP XI system

2: External SAP XI -

> SOAP --> SAP XI --> IDOC

Answers (0)