cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We are going to do Client refresh from our prod server client 100 to dev server client 200.Now my requirement is to copy all data of production client except user master record i.e.SAP_ALL-user master record.

Now my query is which SAP profile i should use for this activity.

If i use SAP_APPL will it fullfill my requirement.

Or first i have to create a new client say 300 and then do local client copy of SAP_USER of my dev client 200 into this client 300 and then choose SAP_ALL in remote client copy and then do local client copy of SAP_USER from 300 to 200 client in dev server.

Please suggest.

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can export the user masterdata using scc8:

Loginto Dev200 client ->scc8-> select sap_user(profile) --and target system anything other than source (it can be dummy system or QAS etc) ---you can schedule the job or release immediately .

Check the log ..

SE01 --give the transport request now you should be able to see the request relesed.

And now you should be able to see the data and cofiles for the same transport request .

So as FS said you can import this request when ever you wish to.

(As long as the cofiles and data files are there.)

And also refreshing a development client don't you think you will losse all the development worjk done till that time ? I am not so clear with this probably I should post a query in this forum...

Thanks.

Edited by: Vani n on Jul 28, 2008 8:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

In SCC8 there is a option for Targer system.target client.

As i need to import this request in the same client of same server.What should i use.

Should we enter my source system and client 100 there or I can use any entry as it is independent of client export process.

And is there any way of changing the cofile and data file path created in client export as we don't have much space is usr/sap/trans.

Please suggest.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in scc8 give the DEV system as target system and client number of dev system.

And is there any way of changing the cofile and data file path created in client export as we don't have much space is usr/sap/trans

-> you have to make sure for enough free space for client export request in usr/sap/trans

also check Note 70547 - CC-TOPIC: Client transport

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also export user master records to file. And reimport it whenever you need. Look at scc8 and scc7.

Regs,

FS

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

if your dev client 200 already contains the user master records, you can just make a client copy from your prod server to your dev system with the profile SAP_APPL.

If the dev client 200 is a new client and you want to have the users, roles and profiles from your dev system in it - you can make a client copy with SAP_USER in your dev system itself. And after that copy the prod client with the profile SAP_APPL.

Just for your information .. here are the descriptions of the copy profiles:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

Regards

Stefan