cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match Automation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there any way to prevent duplication in Import managet Automatically.

For eg. say i am importing data and i want the data not to be duplicated at the time of import.

Import system should tell me that this data already exist in MDM at the time of import.

which will be followed by autmatic merging (say match score is High than merge it.)

can we use workflow in this case?

Please its urgent.

Thanks in Advance;

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

In import manager, after mapping, you need to select matching fields (In matching tab). On the basis of these matching fields, import manager will show you the number of records already present in MDM and the number of records which are new. You can select the import action as "create" for new records and "skip" for duplicates.

Now out of new records, there may be some duplicates. To merge them into a single record, you can set the property "Merge source records using key mapping" as "Yes" in configuration options.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

As Dheeraj posted u ,that by selecting matching field u can skip already present data(Duplicate data).But this wont be 100% reliable method as case can be

u have two records with different id but name exact match .

eg: 1 BK sharma Gandhi Nagar Pune.

2 BK sharma Gandhi Nagar Ahmedabad.

In this its appearing both records are duplicate but it is possible that both are different records and if u skip any one of this then definetly that will be wrong approach to your business.

That is why even if u automate governance mechaism u can have matching performed automatically but merging can never be automatic or rather it should not be automatic.Ultimately Client has to see manualy and decide if he has to keep aparticular record or not.

If u further have any query regarding this then do post.

Regards,

Neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Is there any way to prevent duplication in Import managet Automatically.

For eg. say i am importing data and i want the data not to be duplicated at the time of import.

Import system should tell me that this data already exist in MDM at the time of import.

which will be followed by autmatic merging (say match score is High than merge it.)

can we use workflow in this case?

Workflows cant be used in Import Manager.However, one important Feature is Matching Fields and the Defualt Import Actions. The approach you are trying to take is correct that you want to eliminate duplicates before importing them. But features like Merging and Match Score are only available with Data Manager and can be used when the data has been imported into MDM.

However, you can use the features withi Import Manager better and avoid duplicates while loading data into MDM. Chooose the Matching Field intelligently as records are compared with each other for uniquess and updation based on the Matching Fields.

Matching Field can be taken as single, Combination as single and Combination. Do read about this so that you can achieve your requirement.

Kindly follow the links below which are related to your requirement :

[] - Delta Load in SAP MDM

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/12036df94c3e92e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm] - Go to Matching Records

Hope it helps.

• Kindly reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain