cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping error: cannot produce target element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to test a mapping. i have 3 messages in my source and one Msg in my target. when i test execute it

i get this msg:

1) compilation of mapping successful

2) cannot produce target elements/Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd.

I am not sure what the error might be, can somebody please advice..

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harika,

how many Elements do u have In your Source Message Type(for example you have 3 elements and how u want to see these elements in your Target Message Type, define that much elements in your Target Message Type and Mappe those)

1. usually people will go with one to one element mappaing, in such case define your souce and Target Message type Elements equal

other wise you can do one Source having 3 elements and you want to see only one output from them then use Standard Function like "Contacte" that will add the 3 elements in one.

if you are satisfied with this please provide points to me.

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried putting the Incoming payload of SXI_MONITOR in Interface & Message Mapping both..I am getting this error:

" Cannot produce target element /ACLPAY01. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd "..

I want to mention one thing that Message Mapping & Interface mapping are working fine when i test it by giving my payload and there is no runtime exception error.....

Please Advice what could be the error...

Thanks in Advance

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harika,

First, check with your Source XML and check that is it well formed ?

This type of error comes when your source xml is not strucutured correctly.

And also set for Trace level and check where exactly it is failing.

Hope this helps,

-Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Since SP14 you'll see which element exactly produces this error

In lower SPs you can use trace level "All" instead of "Warnings" by default and then traces show entries like [starting element "root"], [starting element "someField"] and so on. The last such entry tells you which element causes this error.

Best regards

Dmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the target's higher node to see if it is mapped correctly. Display the queue to see the source value got transfer Ok. Check the context to see if source segment is a correct one.

cheers, Binh