cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during determn of backend follow-on doc for shopping cart....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When source is assigned in sourcing to create PO following error occurs.

"Error during determn of backend follow-on doc. for shopping cart 1000000181 / 0000000001 "

1. Created SC for prod category with "sourcing carried out for items w/out assigned SOS" configured.

2.No source is selected. (SOS not shown in SC though there is Info record in R/3).

3.Assigned source in sourcing cockpit. (Vendor list not maintained).

4. Choosed Create PO button. Above error occured and PO not created.

Maintained below config

a. ECPO trans type maintained in SRM.

b. Maintained "Always ext proc..", "PO if item data complete" with entries Pur Grp ID = 50000040, category = * and backend system.

c. Same number range maintained as Internal in SRM and ext in backend.

d. ECPO/PR and ECPO/PO doc types in backend.

e. ECPO/PR in BSA attribute (ECPO/PO not visible in the list to select. Only ECPO/PR is able to select)

Please tell me what am I missing.

Thanks

Jagadish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your SRM version ?

What is your Backend version ?

What is your scenario: classic or extended classic ?

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

I am sorry for not mentioning the details in the topic.

We are on SRM 4.0 classic scenario.

Backend is ERP 2005.

Even SOS is also not visible during SC creation (Info record created in R/3)

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

First be aware that the backend SOS (R/3 inforecords) are not available on the SC creation, it is normal, these objects are now available in the Sourcing cockpit (new function in SRM 4.0).

Concerning your issue, try to create the PO without going through the Sourcing cockpit with assigning a SOS in the SC directly: is the PO created in R/3 ?

Normally you should encounter the same issue, which means your product category is not correctly customized to target the backend. Usually it is due to the fact that in SRM all categories are identified by 2 fields:

-<b>The source system</b> which is the R/3 system if you replicated the material groups from it, or SRM if you created them locally.

- <b>The category ID</b>

Check that in the 'Determine backend for product categories' customizing point you have an entry like:

<u>Source system</u> = category source (according to what I said before)

<u>Category ID</u> = your category ID or '*'

<u>Target system</u> = your backend

Hope it solves your issue.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

1. While creating SC while assigning SOS(both using description and prod master) I see "No Vendor assigned" "No vendor/contract/info records exist".

So I selected prefereed vendor. No other SOS option is there. "Sourcing never carried out" is configured. PR is created in backend.

2. "Sourcing carried out if no SOS" is configured and SC is created using prod master(material replicated from backend). SC goes to sourcing and source is assigned in sourcing. PO is created in backend.-----it is OK. No issues

3. SC is created using Description and material group. "Sourcing carried out if no SOS" is configured, PO goes to sourcing and assign the source. But it gives error "Error during determ of backend follow-on doc for SC .....".

4. Source system and Target system are entered with backend system number. Category ID is entered as '*'.

what could be the problem. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For point 3, once the SC is in the sourcing: check the category in BBP_PD, and be check this category source system is the backend.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

In BBP_PD following are the table entries found.

Table BBP_PDBEI

BE_LOG_SYSTEM BE0CLNT400 (Backend system)

BE_OBJ_ITEM No Value

BE_OBJECT_TYPE No Value

BE_OBJECT_ID No value

BE_MOVE_TYPE No value (201 mvt type is there for other SC which is converted to PO)

Table BBP_PDIGP

LOGSYS_FI BE0CLNT400 (Backend)

PRODUCT_TYPE 1010 (Product category)

Table CRMD_ORDERAMD

PRODUCT_SRC_SYS No Value (LS for product)

ORDERED_PROD No Value (Product name)

Product Category ID is picking properly in table.

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

Any suggestions on this....

Please help me out.

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

I am not sure what you are trying for. are you trying for Direct or Indirect Materials.

If you are trying for Direct Materials with Product ID, You will not be able to create backend PO directly, this is not out of nox. This error sounds to me like that, i had this issue for Direct Materials, i put custom fix to make it work.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Try changing your attribiutes BSA to only ECPO, instead of ECPO/PR. The system is trying to send the PO to the sourcing cockpit but unable to do so since the attribute BSA is ECPO/PR.

Try to mainatin the same document type ECPO in PO and PR and assign that to your attribute BSA in the org structure.Make sure you have also configured "define follow on documents in backend system".

Please let me know details of number ranges config for "follow on documents for shopping cart".

I am pretty sure that is the problem.

Please confirm the result.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

In BSA attribute I have selected ECPO/PR. Because I could not see ECPO/PO in the search list.

How to get ECPO/PO value in the search list so that I can select ECPO/PO in BSA attribute.

I did configure "define follow on documents in backend system".

Same Number ranges are maintained in both SRM and Backend system.

PO 3008300000 3008399999

PR 4008300000 4008399999

Jay

I was trying for both Description items and Product ID items.

Product ID items SC is going to Sourcing if "Sourcing carried out if no SOS" is configured. Because no SOS is available to select or system is not assigning any SOS to SC though there is source available in backend. When source is assigned in sourcing PO getting created in R/3. ...This is perfect.

But when Description item is seleced in SC with "Sourcing carried out if no SOS" is configured, SC goes to sourcing as no SOS is selected. Once source is assigned to SC in sourcing getting error "Error in determn of backend.....".

When "Sourcing never carried out" is configured both Description and Product ID SCs are generating PR in backend. This is again because of no SOS assigned by system. But in BBP_PD observed that backend Inforecord and vendor are selected in tables.

This entire problem is revolving around assigning SOS. Bcos when there in no SOS assigned to SC, it is treaed as incomplete and creates PR in backend.

Can you figure out where am I going wrong.

Also let me know how to assign ECPO/PO in BSA attribute. I could only see ECPO/PR right now.

Thanks

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

My suggestion to you is to create a same document type name, for example "ECPO" in PO and PR and maintain logsys/ECPO in the BSA attribute. Even if it doesnot show up from F4 help maintain it manually in that field and i am sure that will solve your problem.

Please assign points if problem solved.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Were you able to resolve this issue on the error

"determination of backend followon doc for SC**"

as we also ran into these issue recently on our test system while trying to accept the bids from the bid invitation..

as you said you would be opening an OSS could you please reply if you did get back any information from SAP..

i would highly appreciate your reply ..

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any suggestions please....

Thanks

Jagdish