cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what the function of product allocation firming

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

a question about prodcut allocation. in mc94, what's the function in setting - firming: the switch-on, swich-off and unfirm period?

is there anyone has some idea on that.

thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel Zhou,

Firming is nothing but the usual term Fixing, or confirming. Firming defines whether the system is to create the new procurement proposals for material shortage within the planning time fence and how these procurement proposals are to be scheduled. No automatic change made to procrument proposal which are Firm during MRP run.

For details of Firming Type and usage just go through the link.

[Firming Type|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f4/7d30b644af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all, i have read the docs. but i still don't understand what's the usage of it here, in sales planning. the setting there has any logic directly related to mrp planing?

thank you for kindly reply.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

In sales operation planning when you create the plan it transfer to the demand management after that we run same plan in MRP this is the direct relation. So if we create plan with firming and run in MRP then you will get firm planned order in case if any other future requirement is there when we run MRP again at that time it will not change any your planned order which we planed through firming (*SOP)

Hope clear to you. Come back if any issue.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Brahmankar, i understand now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

For Firming type just go through the link..

http://www.sap-img.com/production/what-is-firming-type-in-the-mrp-types.htm

Cheers,

Reddy.