cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number in Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise how we can disable the 'create serial number automatically' in the delivery? Basically, we want only user to select from serial number list only.

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another qns is why does SAP allow to assign a serial number of the same part number that's already been assigned to another delivery? I thot serial number shd be unique to a part nuimber and be used only once? Kindly advise further if my understanding is incorrect.

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

std procedure SDLS - maintain delivery. Let me know if i missed out anything?

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Please cross check configuration in system by refering the below mention doument for Serial Number Configuration

[Serial Number Management|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LOMDSN/LOMDSN.pdf]

As it seems your configuration is OK from this my side, but requesting you to please check if something in configuration.

Cheers !!!

Imzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

The dialog screen still show button 'create serial number automatically' even after i changed to '02' or '03'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am assuming you had done the required change for "Serial Usage" status of Delivery Procedure (which is assign to your material master).

Can you please confirm whether you are using standerd Procedureor some customize procedure.

Cheers !!!

Imzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Please go to Material Master (MM02 / MM03) - "Sales : General /Plant" tab and check SrialNo Profile assign to your Material.

Then go to OIS2 (Determination Serial no Profile) , select your Serial No Profile and double click "Serialzing Procedure" and you will find in front of Delivery Procedure - 04(Automatic) is maintain in front of "Serial Number Usage", change it to "02"(Optional -Serial numbers can be assigned) or "03"(Mandatory - Serial numbers must be assigned)

Hope now your problem will get resolve.

Cheers !!!

Imzo