cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring ArchiveLink

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running ECC 5.0, and I am trying to configure ArchiveLink so we can use it to store scanned accounting documents on a third-party server, and link the scanned documents to SAP FI documentsI.

Can anyone provide the config steps required for this to work? I have read several PDF documents that I downloaded from the Internet, and followed the steps, but I have not been able to get the system to work.

Thank you,

Hakiza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check this link

Try to search the blog area; you would get some more documents,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hakiza,

could you please explain the step , how it is connected. we are also facing the same problem.

Regards

Sathis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answers received enabled us to put together all requirements for the implementation of ArchiveLink. Thanks for all the contributions.

Hakiza

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

first of all, create a content repository in transaction oac0. if the connection is working, the first step is done. please remember, that not only archive link has to be configured. you also have to customize the third party archive. which one do you use?

next step is to create the document type (i am austrian and at the moment i don't know if document type is correct - in german its dokumentart) with transaction oac2. normally you use one of the standard documenttypes.

third step is to establish the connection between sap document, link table and external content repository. for this you use transaction oac3.

after these few customizing steps it should be possible to archive documents for the selected document type.

best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Thank you for providing those steps. I had already completed them based on the PDF files I got online, but I was not able to get the system to work. I am glad that your message confirms that I am on the right track.

How can I verify that the connection is working? (step 1). I think this is where the problem is.

For the archiving, we have a scanner that is connected to a network. When you scan a document it goes directly into the folder that will be used as the repository. The scanner manages this process - we did not have to buy any software. It is a Toshiba e-Studio4520C series.

I believe I need to enter the server IP address somewhere.

We have a corporate headquarter in Vienna - I can ask a workmate to pass by your place if necessary.

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi.

i think i understand - if you write third-party-server you really mean that? This is not a server with an installed archiving solution like filenet, commonstore or sap content server.

do you want to access the files on systemlevel?

For archive link communication there are several ways to communicate with the external archive. normally rfc or http is used. for using http you have to enter a server, a port and a script who handles the requests. On the other hand you can store your documents in the sap database (OAC0 / storage type). i think that is not a good idea.

in every case you need to link the (external) documents to the sap documents. e.g. commonstore has an archiving client, filenet scans directly into a filenet repository...

do you have a content server? maybe you should setup one - sap content server sounds good, but i don't know anything about that. we do not use it (filenet, commonstore).

regards,

martin