cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed delivery when communicating with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, there!

I need MII to communicate with R/3, and I need something that can guarantee delivery of those exchanged messages.

What do you suggest me to use?

IDocs?

Web Services, maybe using a third-party Message Queue program?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using JCO Action Block you can call BAPI and by this you can communicate xMII to SAP R/3.

How to call BAPI by using JCO block, you go through this link:

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got it.

Nothing MII-native, even though I can come up with something, like your idea of a DB buffer for failed messages, Jeremy.

Do you know if anything is planned for future releases of MII?

Thanks a lot!

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eduardo,

If PI (product formerly known as XI) is part of the landscape you can leverage it to be your guaranteed delivery component, and there are action blocks in BLS to make your R/3 requests to XI.

On the MII side, v12.0 added some outbound asynchronous capabilities, with retries leveraging the JRA action blocks. From an application level, a local DB level to buffer failed requests along with a scheduled BLS transaction for retries is often used as well.

Plenty of choices, all without involving other 3rd party components, so you can keep it all within the SAP family

Regards,

Jeremy

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

It depends on what you are looking for.

BAPIs are good for the standard transactions. In the BLS it can be checked whether the transaction in ERP is successful or not.

Good luck,

Ajay.