cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Sale Order after Issued Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a Sale Order, Billing already create. But now I want to cancel this Sale Order.

Could you please tell me step by step cancel this Sale Order ?

Thank and Best Regards,

Thang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to cancel billing document, reverse delivery & cancel sales order.

Cancel billing document: VF11

Reverse PGI: VL09

Cancel Sales order: Put up rejection reason and save the document.

Reg,KK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Thang...

You can no doubt delete the sales order using transaction VA02, but there should not be any subsequent document created against it. Deletion /cancellation can only happen even if the subsequent documents are NOT created.

Sales Order with subsequent documents cannot be deleted. After cancelling the invoice and deleting the delivery document, we can set the reason for rejection at the Sales Order Header Level.

Steps:

1. Cancel the invoice through T code VF11

2. Reverse the Goods Issue using VL09, turn the pick quantity u2018zerou2019 in the delivery document

3. Delete the delivery document using VL02n.

4. Finally set the reason for rejection at the Sales Order Header Level. (So Bala, just check the SO you want to delete ever had any subsequent document? ) Note: An Invoice cannot be deleted but canceled. It can only be canceled with (VF11) only if the relevant accounting document is not generated.

Generation of accounting document means the value is posted into accounts and G/L accounts are hit. SAP FI department needs to reverse the accounting doc on a real-time scenario. Only after the accounting doc is reversed invoice can be canceled. Tax documents generated through the Invoice (Tax is maintained on a separate account) also need to be reversed but this is a part of FI so an SD consultant just needs to request the FICO guy to do the reversal.

Kindly reward if this helps...

Thanks..

Safeer Rahman

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thang

You cannot delete a sale order if there is a subsequent document to that. In your case, since already you have generated billing, unless you cancell the billing via VF11, reverse the PGI via VL09 and delete the delivery via VL02N, you cannot cancel the order.

Instead what you can do is that you assign Reason for Rejection for the line item and close the sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

So before I want cancel Sale Order I must delete outbound delivery ?

Thank and Best Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thang

Absolutely !!!

In fact, if you have created billing, first you have to cancel billing via VF11 and then only, you will be able to reverse PGI via VL09.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to document flow of the sales order. There you can see all the documents related to the sales order. Cancel each document starting from the bottom. At last cancel the sales order.

You cannot cancel the sales order until all the dependent documents are not cancelled.

Regards,

Srilatha.