cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why TRACKNAME_C does not have any dcs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have ESS/MSS in a track and now we are upgrading to a newer version of ESS/MSS.for that purpose i created a new track .when i looked in CBS it has two things

TRACKNAME_C and TRACKNAME_D.what is the difference between two

I placed the latest versions of ESS/MSS and required components in CMS inbox and imported to development.Import went successfully and i see some number of dcs in TRACKNAME_D but nothing is there in TRACKNAME_C .why is it so and is there anything wrong with the deployment

please let me know the answers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

TRACKNAME_C and TRACKNAME_D are nothing but the consolidation and development workspace of DTR.

when you create and develope any DC you do in development workspace. i.e. TRACKNAME_D. when you check in and activate your activity, code is sent into development workspace, CBS build your DC and it is deployed from your development workspace to development server.

same when you release your activities, your source is moved into consolidation workspace. i.e. TRACKNAME_C.

and when you assemble your sca. that time CBS build your source at consolidation i.e.TRACKNAME_C and create an .sca file of source available there.

It is possible that TRACKNAME_C is empty,if not an single activity is released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snehal,

thanks for the explanation.

I created an activity and checked in and then i was able to see dcs in TRACKNAME_C.But problem is there is a broken DC in that.I tried to import TRACKNAME_C configuration into NWDS but i dont see any dcs but they are visible in CBS.

How do I resolve the issue of broken dcs in Consolidation workspace

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can not import TRACKNAME_C configuration in NWDS and make change in it.

a developer should import TRACKNAME_D to make changes.

You have a broken DC in consolidation,(i.e. only one right?)

1. check wheather all activites are released? if not then release.

2. check wheather the same DC is broken in TRACKNAME_D i.e. in development too? If yes then create an activity to correct that DC, check in and then release that activity.

If no then im sure there are some activites waiting to release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

There's a blog that it's called: Common pitfalls using the NWDI

, that maybe can help you to solve this issue. There explains you how to deal with broken DCs.

Also there's this document that maybe can give you some guide:

CBS Secrets Unveiled u2013 Understanding Broken and Dirty DCs

Best regards!

María M Monteverde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you import the base SCA's into the Consolidation stage of your track?

Former Member
0 Kudos

@snehal: Please don't say that "You can't change Cons workspace in NWDS".

You've to import everything into Cons WS (as Pascal said) to work with (e.g. hotfixes)!

Be sure that you're on the right tb of NWDS (active SC can't be changed!). Cons WS also has an "Incative DCs" Tab!

Dev and Cons workspaces are a main concept of NWDI. Refer to NWDI docu to see how the two are connected!

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Pascal and Daniel mentioned

Did you import the base SCA's into the Consolidation stage of your track?

i was able to fix the issue.

thanks for the help

Answers (0)