cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to search multilingual fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would think this would be an obvious thing Data Manager should be able to do, but I cannot figure it out. Using the Free-Form search, I want to be able to search all languages of a specific field. For example I have a Description field setup as Multilingual, I am logging into Data Manager in English, but I want to be able to execute a search and have it search the Description in every langauge for a specific value, so that if there is a certain German word I'm looking for, it would find it even if it is not in the English description. I would be amazed if this is not possible.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

If you want to search for any field value in any language then you have to log on to the repository into that language only.

The other case possible is: Your multi valued field does not have a value in the language, you are logged in with and it is your primary language inherits the value from other language, then you can search it.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I bet you can easily test this. Just create two sample records each with different language word in that multilingual field and try searching in DM